Novelist Sarah Moss Creative Conversations
Monday 21 January 2019, 1 p.m.
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Sarah Moss writes on the history and literature of food and travel. She co-edits, with Nicola Humble, the Food series at Manchester University Press, and has a BA, M.St. and DPhil from Oxford University. Cold Earth (2009) was her debut novel, followed by Night Waking (2011), both published by Granta. Names for the Sea: Strangers in Iceland, which deals with her experience of spending a year in Iceland just after the country’s economic collapse and during the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull, was published by Granta in 2012 and was shortlisted for the Royal Society of Literature’s 2013 Ondaatje Prize. Bodies of Light, a novel, was published by Granta in 2014 and was shortlisted for the Wellcome Book Prize 2015. Signs for Lost Children, a continuation of the story of Bodies of Light, was published by Granta in July 2015 and was shortlisted for The Wellcome Book Prize 2016. Her novel, The Tidal Zone, was published by Granta in July 2016 and was shortlisted for The Wellcome Book Prize 2017.
Her new novel, Ghost Wall, was published by Granta in October 2018.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series writer Sarah Moss comes to campus to chat about her writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Express Yourself, Tell it Slant
- School for Civic Imagination CCA
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Joe Hullait, Scot Squad Writer at QMU
- Creative Conversations, Kathleen Winter
- New Writings Showcase, Scottish Writers’ Centre
- Ian Macpherson, Comedy Writing Workshop
- Chris Brookmyre, Aye Write
- Poetry at The Parlour Glasgow West End
- Speakin Cajun CCA
- The Red Light Zone by Jeff Zycinski – Jeff and Suzie Talk Radio
- Aye Write 2019! Sara Sheridan introduces Anne Griffin and Anstey Harris
- Sleaford Mods, CCA screening and Q and A
- White Shroud by Antanas Skema – music and words with Merope
- Book launch, readings and music at Avant Garde
- Book Event ‘Resurrection Men’ by David Craig
- Aye Write 2019! Frank Tallis and Laura Mucha
- Aye Write: Emily Cutts with Carol Craig
- Aye Write 2019! Daniel Smith