The Growing Season by Helen Sedgwick, Launch at Waterstones Argyle Street, 7 September, 2017
Helen Sedgwick will be launching my new novel, The Growing Season, in Glasgow at Waterstones Argyle Street. The event will be chaired by the brilliant Heather McDaid with a reading, Q&A, wine and nibbles.
Here’s the blurb of the book:
Now anyone can have a baby. With FullLife’s safe and affordable healthcare plan, why risk a natural birth?
Without the pouch, Eva might not have been born. And yet she has sacrificed her career, and maybe even her relationship, campaigning against FullLife’s biotech baby pouches. Despite her efforts, everyone prefers a world where women are liberated from danger and constraint and all can share the joy of childbearing. Perhaps FullLife has helped transform society for the better? But just as Eva decides to accept this, she discovers that something strange is happening at FullLife.
Piotr hasn’t seen Eva in years. Not since their life together dissolved in tragedy. But Piotr’s a journalist who has also uncovered something sinister about FullLife. What drove him and Eva apart may just bring them back together, as they search for the truth behind FullLife’s closed doors, and face a truth of their own.
Waterstones, 174 – 175 Argyle Street, G2 8BT
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- The Italian Job GFT
- Class of 1984 | Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Sleepless in Seattle, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Late Night GFT
- Balloon GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Chicago Websters Theatre
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Ceilidh Dances at Cottiers, West End Festival 2019
- Carers’ Week 2019
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions