Glasgow Commonwealth Games – Be a Host City Volunteer
Want to be a part of Glasgow’s Commonwealth history?
Be a Host City Volunteer! Join the army of people already signed up to provide the warmest of welcomes to visitors to the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games. The Host City Volunteers will bring passion and pride to Glasgow’s streets providing information on the sports programme and the many cultural activities the city will have on offer. No experience of volunteering is necessary – we are just looking for enthusiasm and a smile!
Find out more and apply here http://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/communities/host-city-volunteering/Pages/default.aspx
Host City Volunteers is a great opportunity to get involved in the biggest event ever to happen in Glasgow whilst adding something valuable to your CV in terms of voluntary work experience. The campaign is open from now until 9th May.
Host City Volunteers are the ‘meeters and greeters’ who will welcome the world to Glasgow during the Commonwealth Games. The Host City Volunteers are not the Glasgow 2014 clyde-siders but will be situated around the city near the cultural hubs and sporting venues directing and helping anyone during Games time. It’s a great opportunity for anyone who can commit to a minimum of 4 shifts, for up to 5 hours a shift, between 23 July and 3 August to get involved in the biggest event Glasgow has ever seen!
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Joiners Corner
- Film Listings at GFT, March 2018
- Roteract Fancy a Cup of Tea with a Refugee, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Sweet Country, Cineworld Glasgow
- The Breadwinner, GFT
- Working Girl, GFF 2018
- The Ballad of Lefty Brown, GFT
- 45s for 45 All Day Fundraiser, Old Toll Bar, Glasgow
- Boutique Health and Fitness Festival, Glasgow
- Stars for Starchild, Fundraiser 3 March, 2018
- Help the Homeless Glasgow ‘I am not lost’, 25 February, 2018
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- CULTURE MINISTERS WELCOME IRISH MUSICIANS TO SCOTLAND GB18
- Summer Nights at Kelvingrove Bandstand 2018
- Whyte and Mackay, Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Save £4 Ticket Offer- The Creative Craft Show and The Scottish Quilting Show
- Artists Network Lunch, Woodland Community
- Glasgow Kilo Vintage Sale, The Briggait, Glasgow 4 February, 2018