Glasgow Commonwealth Games – Be a Host City Volunteer
Want to be a part of Glasgow’s Commonwealth history?
Be a Host City Volunteer! Join the army of people already signed up to provide the warmest of welcomes to visitors to the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games. The Host City Volunteers will bring passion and pride to Glasgow’s streets providing information on the sports programme and the many cultural activities the city will have on offer. No experience of volunteering is necessary – we are just looking for enthusiasm and a smile!
Find out more and apply here http://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/communities/host-city-volunteering/Pages/default.aspx
Host City Volunteers is a great opportunity to get involved in the biggest event ever to happen in Glasgow whilst adding something valuable to your CV in terms of voluntary work experience. The campaign is open from now until 9th May.
Host City Volunteers are the ‘meeters and greeters’ who will welcome the world to Glasgow during the Commonwealth Games. The Host City Volunteers are not the Glasgow 2014 clyde-siders but will be situated around the city near the cultural hubs and sporting venues directing and helping anyone during Games time. It’s a great opportunity for anyone who can commit to a minimum of 4 shifts, for up to 5 hours a shift, between 23 July and 3 August to get involved in the biggest event Glasgow has ever seen!
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Joiners Corner
- Fiesta x Fold Festival, Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow 2018
- Light Up Gaza, Fundraiser, Glasgow
- Big Feed Street Food Special, Govan
- Family Fun Day, Hillhead Tennis Club, 20 May, 2018
- Concrete Soldiers Scottish Premiere of Documentary, Kinning Park Complex, Glasgow
- Southside Film Festival 2018
- Edinburgh Film Festival 2018
- The Luthiers Concert, West End Festival
- The National Theatre of Scotland presents: The Reason I Jump, West End Festival 2018
- Refugee Festival Scotland 2018
- Open the Door 2018, Glasgow Women’s Library
- Plant Sale, Broomhill Hyndland Parish Church
- Young Scottish Jazz Musician of the Year 2018
- Football Exhibition Match in aid of St Andrew’s Hospice
- Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival, CCA
- Hike and Bike, Loch Lomond, fundraiser for Scottish Huntington’s Association
- The Great May Day Cabaret, Night for Chris Bartter, OranMor
- May Day Picnic, Glasgow Green
- Eco-friendly market, St Silas Church, Glasgow West End
- IberoDocs, CCA, Glasgow