Glasgow Commonwealth Games – Be a Host City Volunteer
Want to be a part of Glasgow’s Commonwealth history?
Be a Host City Volunteer! Join the army of people already signed up to provide the warmest of welcomes to visitors to the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games. The Host City Volunteers will bring passion and pride to Glasgow's streets providing information on the sports programme and the many cultural activities the city will have on offer. No experience of volunteering is necessary – we are just looking for enthusiasm and a smile!
Find out more and apply here http://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/communities/host-city-volunteering/Pages/default.aspx
Host City Volunteers is a great opportunity to get involved in the biggest event ever to happen in Glasgow whilst adding something valuable to your CV in terms of voluntary work experience. The campaign is open from now until 9th May.
Host City Volunteers are the ‘meeters and greeters’ who will welcome the world to Glasgow during the Commonwealth Games. The Host City Volunteers are not the Glasgow 2014 clyde-siders but will be situated around the city near the cultural hubs and sporting venues directing and helping anyone during Games time. It’s a great opportunity for anyone who can commit to a minimum of 4 shifts, for up to 5 hours a shift, between 23 July and 3 August to get involved in the biggest event Glasgow has ever seen!
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Joiners Corner
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Cottiers Black Friday Christmas Ceilidh
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Celebrate Solstice at North Kelvin Meadow
- The Rio Reunion Party, Glasgow
- Glasgow Christmas Markets, Fairs and Shopping Events
- The Muppet Christmas Carol Screening and Toy Collection for Shelter Scotland, OranMor
- Christmas Fair, Duntocher Village Hall
- Spangled Cabaret, Queen Margarets Union
- French Film Festival, GFT, Glasgow, November – December, 2017
- Theatre Royal Celebrates 150th Birthday
- Ten Writers Telling Lies, Book Week Scotland, Airdrie Library, 28 November, 2017
- UKJF: Menashe (special preview screening), CCA, Glasgow
- Santa Dash Glasgow, 10 December, 2017
- Glasgow Style Mile Carnival
- Being Human Fest Postcard poetry: Philip Hobsbaum’s inclusive writers’ groups 23 November, 2017
- Queen Margaret Drive, GCC Walking and Cycling Workshop and Consultation
- Scottish Youth Film Festival Awards Ceremony 2017 Kelvin Hall
- Argentine Film Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow, 30 October – 20 November, 2017
- CinemaAttic Focus on Cuba: Short Films from the EICTV Film School, CCA