From Scotland With Love, Film Screening, Maryhill Burgh Hall
Saturday 26 January, 2019 at 4 p.m.
A trip down memory lane at Maryhill Burgh Halls. Part of ‘Going to the Pictures’ community series.
Made entirely of Scottish film archive, “From Scotland With Love” is a 75-minute film by award-winning Director Virginia Heath with a beautiful score by Scottish musician and composer King Creosote. A journey into our collective past, the film explores universal themes of love, loss, resistance, migration, work and play. Ordinary people, some long since dead, their names and identities largely forgotten, appear shimmering from the depth of the vaults to take a starring role. Brilliantly edited together, these silent individuals become composite characters, who emerge to tell us their stories, given voice by King Creosote’s poetic music and lyrics.
The event is free but donations are gratefully received. This event is bound to sell out
Presented in conjunction with Cube Housing as part of The Wyndford People’s History Project.
This section: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Womxns Networking Brunch
- Evening of discussion: poetry and film with Sawsan Al-Areeqe
- ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Film Festival 2019 Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sauvage, GFT
- Minding the Gap, GFT
- Tartan Features Beyond Zero, CCA
- Us, Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Great Escape with Dan Snow GFT
- Femspectives Film Festival Glasgow
- Out of Blue, GFT
- Wild Rose, GFT
- Laurel and Hardy, Best Before Bed Cinema
- The White Crow GFT
- Yikes Film Club – Brass Eye Tapes
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Aye Write 2019 Gaelic Reading and Singing (Family Event)
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Woodlands Community Garden’s 9th Birthday Celebration
- Girl GFT
- Astro Black GSFF at CCA