From Scotland With Love, Film Screening, Maryhill Burgh Hall
Saturday 26 January, 2019 at 4 p.m.
A trip down memory lane at Maryhill Burgh Halls. Part of ‘Going to the Pictures’ community series.
Made entirely of Scottish film archive, “From Scotland With Love” is a 75-minute film by award-winning Director Virginia Heath with a beautiful score by Scottish musician and composer King Creosote. A journey into our collective past, the film explores universal themes of love, loss, resistance, migration, work and play. Ordinary people, some long since dead, their names and identities largely forgotten, appear shimmering from the depth of the vaults to take a starring role. Brilliantly edited together, these silent individuals become composite characters, who emerge to tell us their stories, given voice by King Creosote’s poetic music and lyrics.
The event is free but donations are gratefully received. This event is bound to sell out
Presented in conjunction with Cube Housing as part of The Wyndford People’s History Project.
This section: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Wee Write 2019
- Mary Queen of Scots
- Beautiful Boy GFT
- Blueprint: Theorem presents Dimension Zero CCA
- Kingpin: Cinema Parod-iso The Seaborne Neighbourhood Centre, Glasgow
- Naomi’s Journey, GFT
- Visible Cinema: Colette GFT
- Rosa Luxemburg, GFT
- Stan and Ollie, GFT
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Curtain Set to Rise on Celtic Connections 2019
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Blueprint: Theorum CCA
- Collette, GFT
- Coach to Vienna + Fruit of Paradise | Ester Krumbachová Film Programme
- Conny Plank The Potential of Noise
- NT Live The Tragedy of King Richard II
- The Favourite, GFT
- CANCELLED She’s En Scene Women’s Screening: The Surprise Film CCA