From Scotland With Love, Film Screening, Maryhill Burgh Hall
Saturday 26 January, 2019 at 4 p.m.
A trip down memory lane at Maryhill Burgh Halls. Part of ‘Going to the Pictures’ community series.
Made entirely of Scottish film archive, “From Scotland With Love” is a 75-minute film by award-winning Director Virginia Heath with a beautiful score by Scottish musician and composer King Creosote. A journey into our collective past, the film explores universal themes of love, loss, resistance, migration, work and play. Ordinary people, some long since dead, their names and identities largely forgotten, appear shimmering from the depth of the vaults to take a starring role. Brilliantly edited together, these silent individuals become composite characters, who emerge to tell us their stories, given voice by King Creosote’s poetic music and lyrics.
The event is free but donations are gratefully received. This event is bound to sell out
Presented in conjunction with Cube Housing as part of The Wyndford People’s History Project.
This section: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design