A Constructed Space, Poetry Reading, Friday 1 April, 2016.
A Constructed Space Poetry Reading
Friday, 1 April, 2016. 7 – 9
Hidden Lane Gallery
Poetry reading featuring Magi Gibson, Christie Williamson, Ross Wilson and Samuel Tongue.
“I say this silence or, better, construct this space/ So that somehow something may move across/ The caught habits of language to you and me.” W.S. Graham.
MAGI GIBSON “The title of her third poetry collection ‘Wild Women of a Certain Age’ is a fitting description for her exquisite set which mixed sassiness with sensitivity to winning effect” – Falkirk Herald.
CHRISTIE WILLIAMSON winner of the Callum Macdonald Memorial Prize. His first full collection of poems, Oo an Feddirs, was published in 2015 by Luath Press.
ROSS WILSON author of The Heavy Bag (Calder Wood Press) “one of the best first collections I’ve read in years” – Stuart A. Paterson. A full collection due out in 2018 by Smokestack Books.
SAMUEL TONGUE held the Callan Gordon Award as part of the 2013 Scottish Book Trust’s New Writers Awards and is poetry editor at the Glasgow Review of Books
Hidden Lane Gallery
1081 Argyle St, Finnieston, Glasgow G3 8LZ
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT