A Constructed Space, Poetry Reading, Friday 1 April, 2016.
A Constructed Space Poetry Reading
Friday, 1 April, 2016. 7 – 9
Hidden Lane Gallery
Poetry reading featuring Magi Gibson, Christie Williamson, Ross Wilson and Samuel Tongue.
“I say this silence or, better, construct this space/ So that somehow something may move across/ The caught habits of language to you and me.” W.S. Graham.
MAGI GIBSON “The title of her third poetry collection ‘Wild Women of a Certain Age’ is a fitting description for her exquisite set which mixed sassiness with sensitivity to winning effect” – Falkirk Herald.
CHRISTIE WILLIAMSON winner of the Callum Macdonald Memorial Prize. His first full collection of poems, Oo an Feddirs, was published in 2015 by Luath Press.
ROSS WILSON author of The Heavy Bag (Calder Wood Press) “one of the best first collections I’ve read in years” – Stuart A. Paterson. A full collection due out in 2018 by Smokestack Books.
SAMUEL TONGUE held the Callan Gordon Award as part of the 2013 Scottish Book Trust’s New Writers Awards and is poetry editor at the Glasgow Review of Books
Hidden Lane Gallery
1081 Argyle St, Finnieston, Glasgow G3 8LZ
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library
- Aye Write: Wee Write One Button Benny with Alan Windram
- Ann-Marie MacDonald in conversation with Louise Welsh, University of Glasgow
- The Great May Day Cabaret, Night for Chris Bartter, OranMor