Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow, Ten Writers Telling Lies at West End Festival
At this year’s West End Festival Ten Writers are participating in an event with musician Jim Byrne. Of the ten five attend Alan McMunnigal’s Creative Writing Classes at Glasgow University. Some have also studied at Glasgow University’s M.Litt in Creative Writing. They include writers whose work has been published in Germany and by Legend Press, London plus in the anthology Tales from a Cancelled Country, thi wurd, Tip Tap Flat, anthology of creative writing, New Writing Scotland and Glasgow University’s magazine – From Glasgow To Saturn, official literary journal of the University of Glasgow .Also on the website www.glasgowwestend.co.uk
Ten Writers Telling Lies
Ten Writers Telling Lies is a collaborative project between some of Glasgow’s most talented writers and the musician Jim Byrne. In prose and poetry the writers will capture the story of a song they have co-written. This will culminate in the production of a CD and complementary book.
The writers and poets taking part in the project include: Calum Maclean, Gillian Mayes, James Carson, James Connarty, Micheal Norton, Pat Byrne, Pauline Lynch, Samina Chaudry, Stephanie Brown and Stephen Watt
Watch out for performances by the writers and Jim Byrne at a variety of festivals and literary events including West End Festival 2016 where you can catch a taster – 3rd until 26th June, 2016.
The Book and CD will be produced early 2017.
In the meantime you can get a taste at the West End Festival, with prose, poetry and music at:
Waterstones, Byres Road on Wednesday 8th June 7.30 p.m.
Siempre Bicycle Cafe, Partick, Wednesday 15th June, 7.30 p.m.
At the Gibson Street Gala on Sunday 19th June at 2.30 p.m. in Tchai Ovna, Otago Lane.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow, Ten Writers Telling Lies, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Only You GFT
- Tell It To The Bees GFT
- Our Time, GFT
- Varda by Agnes GFT
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Dance with a Stranger, GFT
- Eatfilm at Sloans presents Black Panther
- Africa in Motion Africa 3.0: Vanity CCA
- Gaza GFT
- Gwen, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- Gregory’s Girl, Back to the Future at Kelvin Hall
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival Foreign Body CCA
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019