CATS – the second installment ProjectAbility until 13 April, 2017
CATS… the 2nd instalment
A group exhibition of Project Ability artists.
Exhibition Dates: 3 March – 13 April 2017
Project Ability would like to welcome our visitors to the 2nd instalment of CATS, an exhibition inspired by all things feline related; big cats, fluffy cats, kittens, lions, tigers, leopards and more! All of our artists across our Aspire, ReConnect and Create programmes have been asked to submit catworks for this show, and the response has been truly amazing! The variety of interpretation by our artists provided us with enough work for two exhibitions, and this is the 2nd and final instalment.
This open-call exhibition has given each of our artists the chance to work towards a selected theme, and be part of a large scale group exhibition. The result is a playful, adorable, and in some cases, ferocious showcase of artworks in many different mediums.
This theme was so popular among our artists that we had to divide the work up over two exhibitions. The 1st instalment took place in 2016. The work to go on display for the 2nd instalment has been ‘cat napping’ in our archive room for several months, and they are beginning to get restless!
Please join us for an opening reception on 2 March from 6 – 8pm. Our gallery shop will also have many cat related pieces and other original artworks for sale. We still have the 2017 Cat calendars in the shop, and the Cats publication as well!
ProjectAbility, 103 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School