Butterfly Kiss, OranMor, April 4th, 2015
One Night Only – OranMor
Butterfly Kiss – written and directed by Dave Anderson
Saturday 4 April, 2015 7.00 p.m.
08444 771 000
Òran Mór, Top of Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8QX
New theatre from veteran actor, playwright and musician David Anderson, (City Lights and Gregory’s Girl), Katie Barnett and Jack Mullen.
An Old Guy visits a “Seaside Museum” on his bus pass, where he finds a Punch & Judy stall. When no-one is looking, he peeks in, and finds himself in the year 1960. He’s 15 years old, and holidaying on the coast of the West of Scotland.
It’s a world of rock’n’roll, “teenagers”, burgeoning consumerism, rampant hormones, lazy daytimes gazing into rock pools, love of all things American, and A Girl.
Not The Girl he’s left behind and whom he’s afraid of losing to an Older Man (17 years-old). No. An altogether more exotic creature. The one who introduces him to the Butterfly Kiss.
Dwight Eisenhower is President of the United States. Elvis releases “It’s Now or Never”
A message in a bottle is washed up on the beach. People have jobs, making things. There’s only one TV channel, to which only some people have access.
For a second year Dave Anderson tours the latest episode in his cycle of mini-musicals for created originally for A Play, a Pie and a Pint.
Must see for anyone who is, or ever has been 15
In the first half of the show Dave treats the audience to blethers and a journey through his musical influences garnered with his own compositions including items from Wildcat and the Steamie.
“The show as a whole is extraordinarily moving and powerful…” ****The Scotsman
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Into The Woods, Websters Theatre
- Songbird – Ellyn Oliver Sings Eva Cassidy, West End Festival 2018
- Mini Musicals Season, A Play, A Pie and A Pint, Oranmor
- Bard in the Botanics West End Festival 2018
- A TRIP DOWN PENE LANE (The Hidden Story), West End Festival 2018
- The National Theatre of Scotland presents: The Reason I Jump, West End Festival 2018
- Take A Walk On The Weill Side, West End Festival 2018
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- The First Dance, A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Heidi Talbot and John McCusker at Cottiers
- Godspell, Cottiers Theatre, Glasgow
- New Hacks, Satire, OranMor
- Into The Woods, Pantheon Club, Websters Theatre, Glasgow
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, Cottiers Theatre, Glasgow
- Sparkle & Shine! Nativity! The Musical Seeks Children Across The UK For Star Roles
- The Doll Doctor Govanhill Theatre, Southside Festival 2018
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Rotunda Comedy Club, Fundraiser for Epilepsy Scotland
- Gary Lamont, OranMor – Dropping The Soap
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint, RACHEL’S COUSINS by Ann Marie Di Mambro