Butterfly Kiss, OranMor, April 4th, 2015
One Night Only – OranMor
Butterfly Kiss – written and directed by Dave Anderson
Saturday 4 April, 2015 7.00 p.m.
08444 771 000
Òran Mór, Top of Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8QX
New theatre from veteran actor, playwright and musician David Anderson, (City Lights and Gregory’s Girl), Katie Barnett and Jack Mullen.
An Old Guy visits a “Seaside Museum” on his bus pass, where he finds a Punch & Judy stall. When no-one is looking, he peeks in, and finds himself in the year 1960. He’s 15 years old, and holidaying on the coast of the West of Scotland.
It’s a world of rock’n’roll, “teenagers”, burgeoning consumerism, rampant hormones, lazy daytimes gazing into rock pools, love of all things American, and A Girl.
Not The Girl he’s left behind and whom he’s afraid of losing to an Older Man (17 years-old). No. An altogether more exotic creature. The one who introduces him to the Butterfly Kiss.
Dwight Eisenhower is President of the United States. Elvis releases “It’s Now or Never”
A message in a bottle is washed up on the beach. People have jobs, making things. There’s only one TV channel, to which only some people have access.
For a second year Dave Anderson tours the latest episode in his cycle of mini-musicals for created originally for A Play, a Pie and a Pint.
Must see for anyone who is, or ever has been 15
In the first half of the show Dave treats the audience to blethers and a journey through his musical influences garnered with his own compositions including items from Wildcat and the Steamie.
“The show as a whole is extraordinarily moving and powerful…” ****The Scotsman
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Deniro – the Bulldog from Netherburn cast as Rufus in Legally Blonde, Glasgow
- Cilla – the Musical at King’s Theatre, Glasgow
- DOG AUDITIONS FOR THE ROLE OF RUFUS IN LEGALLY BLONDE THE MUSICAL ARE BEING HELD IN GLASGOW
- Of Mice and Men Theatre Royal, Glasgow
- The Vivace Theatre School Senior Musical Theatre students’ annual performances at Websters, Glasgow
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Last Ship, Theatre Royal, June 2018.
- Red Raw, The Stand
- Hedda Gabbler, Theatre Royal Glasgow
- A Relaxed Performance of The Sleeping Beauty, Kings Theatre, Glasgow
- Jack and the Beanstalk, SEC, Gary Tank Commander and The Dolls
- Alice in Weegieland, The Tron
- Jock and the Beanstalk,The Shed
- It’s A Wonderful Life Radio Play, OranMor
- Sting Visits Fairfield Heritage Centre in Govan
- Theatre Royal Celebrates 150th Birthday
- Glasgow School of Art Choir, Royal Concert Hall
- The Wonderful West End, Christmas Gala, Royal Concert Hall Glasgow
- Jill and the Beanstock, Theatre at Queens Glasgow
- Sleeping Beauty, Kings Theatre Glasgow