Tales at the Mall with the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
March 26 – March 27 12 p.m – 4:00pm
The Forge Shopping Centre, 1221 Gallowgate, Glasgow G31 4EB
Inspired by Ewan Morrison’s acclaimed book “Tales From the Mall”, students from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland have been working alongside professional artists from the National Theatre of Scotland to create a selection of small but beautiful experiences for you to step into at The Forge Shopping Centre.
Find us on Thursday 26th and Friday 27th March, 12pm – 4pm.
THE MALL LOUNGE
Take a break from your shopping and listen to stories we have collected from shoppers, from the book” Tales from the Mall” and stories about Victor Gruen and his original vision of what a mall should be. Listen to a pianist creating a 1950’s lounge vibe to relax you. If relaxing isn’t quite your style you can join in a game of Jenga – with a twist – where you too can share your very own Tales from the Mall.
Victoria met Max online. They’ve arranged to meet in person today, here in The Forge. She’s even bought a new bra for the occasion. But not all is as it seems… Victoria is tangled up in a web of secrets and lies, and she needs your help trying to figure out what to do. Victoria’s Secret is a five minute, intimate piece of theatre that takes place in Costa.
A piece of five minute theatre where you will meet Victor and his secretary Delores and hear about Victor’s vision and how you can help shape the Mall.
Look out for the Singing Gruens who will be performing in their classic 1950’s style throughout the day and can be found at various locations within the Forge.
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Cinderella, Pavilion Theatre, Glasgow
- Cinderella at Beacons Art Centre, Greenock
- Cinderella, Kings Theatre, Glasgow
- Snow White and the Teeny Tiny MacTitches, Mugdock Theatre
- Peter Pan at Eastwood Park Theatre
- Jack and the Beanstalk, The Fort Theatre, Bishopbriggs
- Sing a Song of Sixpence, Panto, Rutherglen Theatre
- Walk on the Weill Side at Cottiers
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- COP26: The Climate Justice Cabaret
- Cottiers Theatre: The Art of Class
- Locust A Chamber Opera at Cottiers
- Climate Change Showcase with Ignite Theatre
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Opening Time – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Scottish Ensemble Common Sound at Cottiers
- Artie’s Halloween Singing Kettle at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills