Booked! West Dunbartonshire Festival of Words 2014 12th May – 31st May 2014
West Dunbartonshire Libraries and Cultural Services
Terry Lanagan, Executive Director of Educational Services.
West Dunbartonshire Festival of Words
12th – 31st May, 2014
This year’s festival aims to reflect the broader concerns of the country. There will be two events offerin different perspectives on World War One with Sir Hew Strachan focussing on the global impact of the war whilst Colin Campbell will examine the experiences of a Scottish battalion.
Issues around the up-coming referendum will be showcased by The Bus Party – writers and singers, who are touring Scotland, engaging with local communities and encouraging them to think about the society that they want to live in after the Referendum.
Alistair Moffat, the writer and broadcaster, will be delivering the Alastair Pearson Lecture.
Others appearing at the festival include: Bernard MacLaverty, James Oswald and Andrew Greig.
The programme will include two events for children featuring the sensational Badger the Mystical Mutt and the hilarious Jonathan Meres.
All our events are free. Tickets are essential and can be obtained from all branches of West Dunbartonshire Libraies.
Information on any aspect of Booked! can be obtained by telephoning:
Allan Gordon on 01389 608978.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Book Launch: Something Like Happy – Sasha Greene
- From Glasgow To Saturn Pride Edition Launch
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Longlist for McIlvanney Prize Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2019
- Express Yourself – Poets at Tellit Slant
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper