Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Free opportunities to writers in later life that are available through the Autumn Voices Project which aims to promote and discuss creativity in later life.A poetry competition for writers over 70. 1st prize £250. Entry free.Judged by poet, A.C. Clarke.>
- 1st prize £250,
- 2nd prize £100,
- 3rd prize £50
Closing date: midnight on 30th July 2018. This competition is part of the Autumn Voices Project funded by Creative Scotland.There is no entry fee. For more information visit the website
RULES OF ENTRY
- Please do not submit more than one entry. No poem should exceed 50 lines in length (excluding the title). Please indicate the number of lines at the end of the poem.
- Work submitted must be in English and must be your own work (no translations of others’ work and no ‘erasures’ of another’s text).
- No work submitted should have been previously published/broadcast/e-published or posted online in any form.
- Entries must be typewritten on A4 paper, using at least 12pt font. Double or single spacing is acceptable. No name or other mark which could identify the author should appear on the page. Entries should be accompanied by a separate cover sheet (no staples etc. please) setting out your name, age, address, email address, and title of your entry
- If sending your entry by email, please send as a Word, rtf or pdf document.
- Entries will not be returned so please keep a copy of your entry.
- No alterations can be made to an entry once submitted.
- The judge’s decision is final. The judge cannot enter into any correspondence regarding entries.
- Closing date for the competition is midnight on 30th July 2018
- Entry to this competition is free.
- Failure to comply with the above rules will result in automatic disqualification.
- Successful entrants will be notified by 30th September 2018. The names of the winners, the short list and the long list will be posted on the Autumn Voices blog (www.autumnvoices.co.uk). Provided permission is granted, the prize-winning and short-listed poems will be posted on this blog, along with the judge’s report.
HOW TO ENTER
Email your entry: With a separate cover sheet, as a Word, pdf or rtf document (see rules 4 & 5) to: <firstname.lastname@example.org
To arrive by midnight on 30th June 2018. Use the Subject heading: AUTUMN VOICES POETRY COMPETITION.Email submission of entries is preferred.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine