Antigone, Websters Theatre
28 and 29 July, 2018
Websters Theatre, 416 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9HZ
Rebel Cow Theatre brings you a brand new adaption of Sophocles’ classic Greek tragedy, Antigone, set in the fictional small American town of Thebes in the 1940’s .
Chronicling Antigone as she defies her uncle Creon’s stern instruction that her recently deceased brother, Polyneices, will not receive a funeral or memorial service due to his betrayal of their family, we witness the tragic consequences of Antigone’s actions as she clings steadfastly to doing what she believes is right and Creon’s desire for Antigone to pay for her disobedience.
Suitable for 10+
This is a seated event.
Tickets sold as General Admission (you will not be allocated a specific seat in the auditorium)
There will be NO INTERVAL
Please note, box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. Phone messages and emails to the Box Office are checked at least once a day, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
0141 357 4000
Tickets £13.50 Adults/£12 Concessions (ticket prices incl. £1.50 per ticket admin fee which will be added at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought on the day)
- CINE[STHESIA] – Scots and America, Kelvin Hall
- Annual Charities Xmas Fayre Glasgow
- Christmas Festival at Riverside Museum Glasgow
- Vintage Bus Fayre Glasgow
- Something Good Will Always Happen – Graham Fulton
- The Children’s Wood, Halloween 2018
- Many Singers Many Songs, Maryhill, 24 November, 2018
- West Dunbartonshire Christmas Toy Appeal
- Six and a Tanner, One Man Play by Rony Bridges
- Tai Chi Classes at Hillhead Sports Club
- Claire McFall, Creative Conversations
- Cultural Diversity Showcase, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Black History Month
- “Freedom Bound” – Slavery in Scotland Discussion at GOMA
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Freedom Bound – Escaping Slavery in Scotland
- Dublin Film Festival celebrating New Scottish Cinema
- Glasgow Christmas Lights Switch On
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre at The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Lady Vengeance at Glasgow Film Theatre
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Handmaiden – GFT