Anna Krzystek’s new Untitled Series , The Tramway 5 – 21 May, 2017
DIG presents Anna Krzystek Untitled #0.5
Film installation, screened on a loop during Tramway opening hours.
Upper Foyer Gallery
Preview Thursday 4 May
Friday 5th May – Sunday 21st May
Untitled #0.5 – Who, What And Where Is Anna is part of Anna Krzystek’s new Untitled Series exploring the premise of Nothing.
A film installation for three screens, the piece explores notions of fact, fiction, truth, the self, the body and the object.
The work playfully captures the slipperiness between fact and fiction through mercurial qualities of both documentary and fictional film making, and the live-streamed incidences of the everyday.
Within this framework of film making, the performer confronts her existential dilemmas. These are expressed through the use of costuming – examining the role of the performer as costumes are put on and taken off. Looking at the performer void of costume and vice versa, the costume void of performer. Costumes as gross exaggerations of the body and as clichéd props for role play are used to distort and disguise the body and, at times, objectify the performer. This transformation to abstracted ‘thingness’ further probes both emptiness and presence intrinsic to the over all premise of Nothing.
Choreographed and performed by Anna Krzystek
Made in collaboration with Simon Fildes, Meri Ekola, Heather MacCrimmon and Rosanna Irvine
Produced by Shift and supported by FST Producer Placement Bursary
Supported by Oblivia, Fabrik Potsdam and macrobert arts centre
Supported by the National Lottery through Creative Scotland
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School
- Frostpinni!, The Lighthouse
- SWG3 presents Yardworks Festival 2018 – Graffiti – Street – Design
- The Pyramid at Anderston, New Logo Competition
- Ross Birrell The Transit of Hermes, CCA
- David Mach ‘Against the Tide’ Cass Art, Glasgow
- Ciara Phillips Show Me Your Glow, Glasgow Print Studio, Glasgow International
- Peter Houghton Art at Eusebi Easter, 2018
- Still Moving: Films and Photographs of Ulrike Ottinger, The Hunterian
- Queen Mother Women’s Art Group Exhibition at ProjectAbility
- Unbuilt Mackintosh, The Hunterian