Anna Krzystek’s new Untitled Series , The Tramway 5 – 21 May, 2017
DIG presents Anna Krzystek Untitled #0.5
Film installation, screened on a loop during Tramway opening hours.
Upper Foyer Gallery
Preview Thursday 4 May
Friday 5th May – Sunday 21st May
Untitled #0.5 – Who, What And Where Is Anna is part of Anna Krzystek’s new Untitled Series exploring the premise of Nothing.
A film installation for three screens, the piece explores notions of fact, fiction, truth, the self, the body and the object.
The work playfully captures the slipperiness between fact and fiction through mercurial qualities of both documentary and fictional film making, and the live-streamed incidences of the everyday.
Within this framework of film making, the performer confronts her existential dilemmas. These are expressed through the use of costuming – examining the role of the performer as costumes are put on and taken off. Looking at the performer void of costume and vice versa, the costume void of performer. Costumes as gross exaggerations of the body and as clichéd props for role play are used to distort and disguise the body and, at times, objectify the performer. This transformation to abstracted ‘thingness’ further probes both emptiness and presence intrinsic to the over all premise of Nothing.
Choreographed and performed by Anna Krzystek
Made in collaboration with Simon Fildes, Meri Ekola, Heather MacCrimmon and Rosanna Irvine
Produced by Shift and supported by FST Producer Placement Bursary
Supported by Oblivia, Fabrik Potsdam and macrobert arts centre
Supported by the National Lottery through Creative Scotland
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Cryptic Sonica in Glasgow 2018 – Portal, Pivot and Visaurihelix
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Summer Show 2018, Ardarden Farm Shop
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow