Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars, GFT, 7 March, 2017
An immortal document of one of the most enigmatic, striking and excessive periods in music, D A Pennebaker’s concert film is regularly recognised as one of the greatest ever. The unexpected final show of his Ziggy Stardust guise, David Bowie and his backing band, The Spiders From Mars, are on savagely beautiful form – tearing through classics from the era such as ‘All the Young Dudes’ and ‘Oh! You Pretty Things’ with joyful abandon.
This digitally and audio remastered concert film will be paired with a brand new, 30 minute Bowie documentary including an exclusive interview with Woody Woodmansey and Q/MOJO editor Phil Alexander, giving insight into the 1973 Hammersmith event.
Every attendee to screenings will receive a souvenir copy of MOJO specially curated for this event dedicated to the life and times of Ziggy Stardust. With a Bowie / Spiders From Mars cover it will contain special features and replica artwork from the original 1973 programme. This souvenir issue will not be available in the shops and is set to be one of the rarest covers that MOJO have ever produced.
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Alternative Pantos in Glasgow 2019
- Oscar Marzaroli Public Reception Streetworks
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Santaland and Season’s Greetings Websters
- Julesbasar – Norwegian Christmas Fair Glasgow 2019
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- After the Wedding, GFT
- Luce, GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Matchbox Cineclub Best of Final Girls Berlin 2019 CCA
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- Meeting Gorbachev GFT
- CineCard Preview: The Report GFT
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- Sorry We Missed You, GFT