Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars, GFT, 7 March, 2017
An immortal document of one of the most enigmatic, striking and excessive periods in music, D A Pennebaker’s concert film is regularly recognised as one of the greatest ever. The unexpected final show of his Ziggy Stardust guise, David Bowie and his backing band, The Spiders From Mars, are on savagely beautiful form – tearing through classics from the era such as ‘All the Young Dudes’ and ‘Oh! You Pretty Things’ with joyful abandon.
This digitally and audio remastered concert film will be paired with a brand new, 30 minute Bowie documentary including an exclusive interview with Woody Woodmansey and Q/MOJO editor Phil Alexander, giving insight into the 1973 Hammersmith event.
Every attendee to screenings will receive a souvenir copy of MOJO specially curated for this event dedicated to the life and times of Ziggy Stardust. With a Bowie / Spiders From Mars cover it will contain special features and replica artwork from the original 1973 programme. This souvenir issue will not be available in the shops and is set to be one of the rarest covers that MOJO have ever produced.
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Sofa Fest – digital entertainment