Creative Conversations, Linda Cracknell, University of Glasgow, Monday 6 March, 2017
Creative Conversations: Fiction Writer Linda Cracknell
Monday 6 March 2017 1 p.m. until 2 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Linda Cracknell is an award-winning writer of fiction, radio drama and creative non-fiction. She won the Macallan/Scotland on Sunday short story competition and has since published two collections of short stories. She was shortlisted for the Scottish First Book Award for her story collection Life Drawing and the Robin Jenkins Literary Award for environmental writing. Her first novel Call of the Undertow, set in Caithness, was published in 2013. After winning a Creative Scotland award, she published Doubling Back: ten paths trodden in memory, a non-fiction book linking walking and memory. She is editor of the anthology Wilder Vein, non-fiction writing about wild places in Britain and Ireland. She has also written a number of plays, abridgments and adaptations for BBC Radio Four. Until recently, she was a writer in residence at Edinburgh’s Sick Kids Friends Foundation.
Find more information about Linda on her website: www.lindacracknell.com/.
On Twitter at @LindaJCracknell.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
This series is sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest.
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- Samhain: fire and jam session Halloween, North Kelvin Meadow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Halloween at OranMor
- Moogety Halloween 2019
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA