Creative Conversations, Linda Cracknell, University of Glasgow, Monday 6 March, 2017
Creative Conversations: Fiction Writer Linda Cracknell
Monday 6 March 2017 1 p.m. until 2 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Linda Cracknell is an award-winning writer of fiction, radio drama and creative non-fiction. She won the Macallan/Scotland on Sunday short story competition and has since published two collections of short stories. She was shortlisted for the Scottish First Book Award for her story collection Life Drawing and the Robin Jenkins Literary Award for environmental writing. Her first novel Call of the Undertow, set in Caithness, was published in 2013. After winning a Creative Scotland award, she published Doubling Back: ten paths trodden in memory, a non-fiction book linking walking and memory. She is editor of the anthology Wilder Vein, non-fiction writing about wild places in Britain and Ireland. She has also written a number of plays, abridgments and adaptations for BBC Radio Four. Until recently, she was a writer in residence at Edinburgh’s Sick Kids Friends Foundation.
Find more information about Linda on her website: www.lindacracknell.com/.
On Twitter at @LindaJCracknell.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
This series is sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest.
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Lindisfarne at Cottiers
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Starchild Sunflower Sanctuary – Autism
- Sound & Vision Drive-In Summer 2020
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020