Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
jpindubai

Partick Pies

Now that Diggens has gone, where can you buy the famous "Partick Pies" they used to sell?

Or have they gone forever?

I am currently working in Dubai, and visited Glasgow last week, what a surprise when I went down to the bottom of Byres Road to purchase a few pies for my tea, there is now a sandwich shop where diggens used to be?

I actually did not know the name of the bakery, Pat provided the name for me, it was opposite the Western...

Can anyone help?

jpindubai

Now that Diggens has gone, where can you buy the famous "Partick Pies" they used to sell?

Or have they gone forever?

I am currently working in Dubai, and visited Glasgow last week, what a surprise when I went down to the bottom of Byres Road to purchase a few pies for my tea, there is now a sandwich shop where diggens used to be?

I actually did not know the name of the bakery, Pat provided the name for me, it was opposite the Western...

Can anyone help?

jpindubai

Diggens was a fabulous bakery and much missed in Byres Road. The other bakery that was there was The Pantry. I never cared for that very much but it was popular. Greggs further up Byres Road has queues out the door but I've never heard of Partick Paies, jpindubai.

Anyway know what a Partick Pie is and where you can by them?

Diggens was a fabulous bakery and much missed in Byres Road. The other bakery that was there was The Pantry. I never cared for that very much but it was popular. Greggs further up Byres Road has queues out the door but I've never heard of Partick Paies, jpindubai.

Anyway know what a Partick Pie is and where you can by them?

The Goat has had them on its menu, its a posher Scotch Pie

The Goat has had them on its menu, its a posher Scotch Pie

I thought they had beans in them. Am I mixing them up with something else? :rolleyes:

Beans can be posh

:lol: If you say so, samsc.

Just trying to establish the facts - are there beans in Partick pies. :)