Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Hingmie

Holidays

It seems that the minute that Santa has went home we are being encouraged to leave home by the telly adverts ! So, any ideas where you may go this summer ? I have a wee notion in my head at the moment but not booked yet.

May i recommend Ridgetown. Hot but the air conditioner will be working. And fritters for breakfast are a house speciality.

tam

Hingmie, you could have warned me that the neighbourhood bullies are on the premises.

tam

Gran Canaria booked up for Easter (hopefully that week in the sun will change my skin tone from pale blue).

You lucky spud! I'm having thoughts of Croatia, Canada, New York, Ireland and a long week-end in Barcelona. Just thoughts. :lol:

We usually take our annual holiday in late winter (July/August) to break up the monotony of the long cold and wet days (well, for Australia :rolleyes: ) and head up to Queensland where winter is lovely, warm and dry! So, hoping by July the region is recovered from these terrible floods and we can go to Noosa

We usually take our annual holiday in late winter (July/August) to break up the monotony of the long cold and wet days (well, for Australia :) ) and head up to Queensland where winter is lovely, warm and dry! So, hoping by July the region is recovered from these terrible floods and we can go to Noosa

Noosa looks like a great spot, Gayle. Yes, the floods have been awful, Gayle, terrible to see lives and homes lost. Devastating. Hope it will be warm and dry in Queensland soon.

May i recommend Ridgetown. Hot but the air conditioner will be working. And fritters for breakfast are a house speciality.

tam I

ye never know. I may be near Ridgetown in 2011. I thought you were heading tae Glaasgow ?

Hingmie:

Glasgow was very much on my mind and I do regret not making more of an effort. I have been to a couple of sagazone meets and did get re-acquainted with a number of relatives.

Ridgetown would love to see you, as would Windsor, if that is where I end up. Neither house has a lot of furniture but you would have your own room. Daughter Tracy will supply a vehicle and your chauffeur (me) will be on best behaviour: at this time I am trying to find a uni which offers a course in 'political correctness for our senior citizens'.......and am already telt that in my case thon courses wid be a waste of time.

If you come during the time of a visit by HH and the lovely Jo, the Guiberd Bedroom will be allocated on a first come basis.

tam

A busy day the day....London.

Hingmie:

Glasgow was very much on my mind and I do regret not making more of an effort. I have been to a couple of sagazone meets and did get re-acquainted with a number of relatives.

Ridgetown would love to see you, as would Windsor, if that is where I end up. Neither house has a lot of furniture but you would have your own room. Daughter Tracy will supply a vehicle and your chauffeur (me) will be on best behaviour: at this time I am trying to find a uni which offers a course in 'political correctness for our senior citizens'.......and am already telt that in my case thon courses wid be a waste of time.

If you come during the time of a visit by HH and the lovely Jo, the Guiberd Bedroom will be allocated on a first come basis.

tam

A busy day the day....London.

Looks like you could have a hooseful, tam. What's Lily going to say? :rolleyes:

It seems that the minute that Santa has went home we are being encouraged to leave home by the telly adverts ! So, any ideas where you may go this summer ? I have a wee notion in my head at the moment but not booked yet.

Well I thought so far this January the holiday adverts were a bit thin on the ground and then that annoying Thomas Cook advert pops up with the smug pseudo Beckham couple :rolleyes: enough to put me off Thomas Cook even if I could afford a hol this year :lol:

Well I thought so far this January the holiday adverts were a bit thin on the ground and then that annoying Thomas Cook advert pops up with the smug pseudo Beckham couple :rolleyes: enough to put me off Thomas Cook even if I could afford a hol this year :lol:

I haven't seen it, IonaW. I think last time we went to Canada it was with Thomas Cook!!!

My friend was up the other night and was telling me that she got a great deal with Asda Travel, think that's new. Every time I think of Asda now I see Bill Bailey singing 'Asda, ain't gonna be your bitch'. ;)

Lily isnae a complainer, she is awfy like the many folk thit i met while wandering the streets of Glasgow, she has time for a chat, mibee a wee sit doon and a cuppa, a token look at the bad times frae long ago afore the eyes twinkle and ye ken things urnae sae bad.

tam

Titan is learnin frae Lily so he wull manage.

Lily isnae a complainer, she is awfy like the many folk thit i met while wandering the streets of Glasgow, she has time for a chat, mibee a wee sit doon and a cuppa, a token look at the bad times frae long ago afore the eyes twinkle and ye ken things urnae sae bad.

tam

Titan is learnin frae Lily so he wull manage.

Glad it's all under control, tam. I'm a bit confused as to what part of the world you are in at the moment? :)

Basildon. About to shower and catch a train; meeting a lady and going to a sagameet.

Spoke tae the man upstairs and after requesting nae drink the day asked thit he makes sure aw the escalators are running....my nose is nearly unblemished.

Winchester, here i come.

tam

Basildon. About to shower and catch a train; meeting a lady and going to a sagameet.

Spoke tae the man upstairs and after requesting nae drink the day asked thit he makes sure aw the escalators are running....my nose is nearly unblemished.

Winchester, here i come.

tam

This should put you in the mood, tam.

I'm off to Aberdeen. My body is in shock and my brain is asking what I'm doing up at this time? :)

I'm starting to think about holidays and wondering if anyone has any tips as to how to avoid jet lag?

A friend of ours works in Thomas Cook and reports that bookings for July and August have been a disaster so far. Off the record his advice is to hold your nerve, book nothing yet because the prices are about to tumble.

A friend of ours works in Thomas Cook and reports that bookings for July and August have been a disaster so far. Off the record his advice is to hold your nerve, book nothing yet because the prices are about to tumble.

Oooh, that sounds promising....

We are taking Harper junior to New York to buy a Fender Strat for his 21st - easier and more exciting than having it shipped. We really lucked out with Travel Republic last year, Sam so happy to follow up your recommendations. smile.gif

Any other info about gratefully received... laugh.gif

Oooh, that sounds promising....

We are taking Harper junior to New York to buy a Fender Strat for his 21st - easier and more exciting than having it shipped. We really lucked out with Travel Republic last year, Sam so happy to follow up your recommendations. smile.gif

Any other info about gratefully received... laugh.gif

That sounds a superb plan, harper. I strongly suspect that Jimbo will have plenty of lowdown on guitar buying in New York. :(

We're all booked and cost a fortune. Unavoidable because definite dates to stick to and a good bit of traipsing about but good advice, samsc.

Any ideas regarding the avoidance of jet lag gratefully accepted. We have to be up and at them immediately on our return. :)

I am off to Canada soon but can't figure out how to arrange a visa to enter USA ? Anyone know?

You're looking for an ESTA, Hingmie. You can apply online.

Was doing a quick comparison of a holiday to Turkey in mid july based on flying from Glasgow - cost £1,200 versus flying from Newcastle - cost £813. :lol:

Was doing a quick comparison of a holiday to Turkey in mid july based on flying from Glasgow - cost £1,200 versus flying from Newcastle - cost £813. :lol:

That's some difference, samsc. Worth the wee hop and skip from Glasgow to Newcastle. :(

It is a good tip sam. I am looking at the moment and intend to take a trip to somewhere sunny at the start of June.

Any ideas?