Works Sacred: Works Profane, Malcolm Lochhead, Glasgow Cathedral Festival 2017
Works Sacred: Works Profane
9 – 21 October, 2017 (closed Sunday, 15 October)
Glasgow Cathedral, Castle Street, Glasgow, G4 0QZ
GCF2017 is delighted to host a major retrospective of the life of renowned textile artist Malcolm Lochhead.
First major retrospective into the work of Malcolm Lochhead, world-renowned textile artist and designer. Emeritus Professor of Visual Design and Millennium Fellow of Design at Glasgow Caledonian University.
Running for two weeks this free exhibition features over 50 works and is accompanied by a detailed catalogue shedding light on the commissioning and creation of this collection.
Did you know that this year we are offering a season ticket for the entire festival? Save £25 and get the very best from festival 2017!
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- How to Manage Hip and Knee Pain
- Truck Art at The Mela
- In Focus: 16 Years: Gigs in Scotland 1974 – 1990 Online Book Launch
- Tony Singh: Glasgow Mela Food Cooking Demo
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020