Works Sacred: Works Profane, Malcolm Lochhead, Glasgow Cathedral Festival 2017
Works Sacred: Works Profane
9 – 21 October, 2017 (closed Sunday, 15 October)
Glasgow Cathedral, Castle Street, Glasgow, G4 0QZ
GCF2017 is delighted to host a major retrospective of the life of renowned textile artist Malcolm Lochhead.
First major retrospective into the work of Malcolm Lochhead, world-renowned textile artist and designer. Emeritus Professor of Visual Design and Millennium Fellow of Design at Glasgow Caledonian University.
Running for two weeks this free exhibition features over 50 works and is accompanied by a detailed catalogue shedding light on the commissioning and creation of this collection.
Did you know that this year we are offering a season ticket for the entire festival? Save £25 and get the very best from festival 2017!
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Candlelight Spoken Word Open Mic
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Wakeful Screening at CCA
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Celtic Connections 2020 Hannah Read and Andy Monaghan review by Fionnuala Boyle
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Finish Exposure Films from the Arctic
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Coastal Connections Festival 2020 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass