Who’s Zoomin Who? Music, Copyright and Precarity
Thursday 12 November 2020 7 p.m. – 8.30 p.m.
College of Arts University of Glasgow
Part of Being Human Exhibition
If you’ve ever wondered how music is created, where copyright fits in, and the impact that Covid-19 has had on musicians and the music industry, this event is for you.
Part gig, part debate, this session brings together music and legal scholars, musicians and policy makers to tell the story of a song – from composition and collaboration through to recording and live performance. In doing so, it explores how copyright supports the industry and its musicians, and the impact of lockdown on a sector already characterised by precariousness and uncertainty, which compelled many musicians to start using online platforms as their only means of making music.
Share your questions, views and experiences on discussion of music, copyright and precarity in this new creative world.
This event is presented by the College of Arts at the University of Glasgow as part of Being Human, the UK’s only national festival of the humanities, taking place 12–22 November. Led by the School of Advanced Study, University of London, in partnership with the Arts and Humanities Research Council and the British Academy. For further information please see beinghumanfestival.org
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Zoom and online events
- Sundance Film Festival Tour London 2021
- GFT: As Tears Go By
- GFT: Nowhere Special
- GFT: The Surrogate
- GFT: Sisters with Transistors
- GFT: Girlfriends
- GFT: Riders of Justice
- GFT: Night of the Kings
- Arlington @150 – Arlington Baths Club Celebrating 150 Years
- Knightswood Living Rent Summer Social
- Glasgow – Open Air Bed Cinema Online
- Piping Live! – Glasgow, August, 2021
- Fun Day – Doon the Watter at Glasgow Green
- Shoot Your Shot PRIDE
- West End in the West End at Websters
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Websters Youth Theatre Summer School
- Merchant City Festival 2021
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Scottish Climate Action Network – Climate Cafe