Who’s Zoomin Who? Music, Copyright and Precarity
Thursday 12 November 2020 7 p.m. – 8.30 p.m.
College of Arts University of Glasgow
Part of Being Human Exhibition
If you’ve ever wondered how music is created, where copyright fits in, and the impact that Covid-19 has had on musicians and the music industry, this event is for you.
Part gig, part debate, this session brings together music and legal scholars, musicians and policy makers to tell the story of a song – from composition and collaboration through to recording and live performance. In doing so, it explores how copyright supports the industry and its musicians, and the impact of lockdown on a sector already characterised by precariousness and uncertainty, which compelled many musicians to start using online platforms as their only means of making music.
Share your questions, views and experiences on discussion of music, copyright and precarity in this new creative world.
This event is presented by the College of Arts at the University of Glasgow as part of Being Human, the UK’s only national festival of the humanities, taking place 12–22 November. Led by the School of Advanced Study, University of London, in partnership with the Arts and Humanities Research Council and the British Academy. For further information please see beinghumanfestival.org
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Zoom and online events
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT
- Never Gonna Snow Again, Glasgow Film Theatre
- The French Dispatch, GFT
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Opening Time – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cats Protection Jade Carrera Art Event