What Does the Tenement Mean to You? New Glasgow Society September 14 – September 19, 2015
What Does the Tenement Mean to You?
September 14 – September 19, 2015
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
A week-long exhibition and an evening of talks, performances and literary readings celebrating its place in the past, present and future of the city.
New Glasgow Society – www.newglasgowsociety.org/
(New Glasgow Society, 1307 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8TL)
What Does the Tenement Mean to You?: A collaboration between The Glasgow Tenement project and New Glasgow Society.
‘The tenement is woven into the fabric of Glasgow…’ (Frank Arneil Walker)
The event will take place as part of Doors open Day at New Glasgow Society, 1307 Argyle Street from 14th – 20th September 2015.
The evening event is on the 18th September. It’s free but ticketed so please REGISTER
—- Waste Of Paint Productions —-
Charlotte Duffy, cardboard artist and brains behind Waste of Paint Productions will be creating a new, tenement-inspired installation piece over the course of the week:
—- Dress for the Weather —-
Matt McKenna of architectural design practice Dress for the Weather will introduce us to their ‘Tenement Typology’ project:
—- Finch & Fouracre —-
Finch & Fouracre will display their ‘Tinyments’ and other architectural models:
—- Calum Rodger – Poet —-
Calum Rodger will be treating our ears to new tenement-inspired works:
—- Marion Gardyne —-
Marion will be displaying her architectural collages. You can also see her work at a larger exhibition at The Lighthouse:
—- Tom Manley —-
Tom will display photographic works that explores our relationship with tenement buildings.
—- Maria Velez-Serna —-
Post-doctoral researcher Maria will be showing a film-collage of old footage of Glasgow’s tenement entitled ”Back-court bairns: Tenement life in early Scottish films’.
- Swans and ducks on the Forth and Clyde Canal
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Bob Law’s Blog: Glasgow’s Quieter Parks
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- This is not the time to be the bad angel by Jim Byrne
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Helen Rose Outdoor Diary: Kilpatricks. January 2021
- Online End of Year Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Shaking Hands With Christmas – Brian Whittingham
- Christmas Exhibition 2020 – Compass Gallery
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- A New Public Space at Kelvinbridge
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts