What Does the Tenement Mean to You? New Glasgow Society September 14 – September 19, 2015
What Does the Tenement Mean to You?
September 14 – September 19, 2015
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
A week-long exhibition and an evening of talks, performances and literary readings celebrating its place in the past, present and future of the city.
New Glasgow Society – www.newglasgowsociety.org/
(New Glasgow Society, 1307 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8TL)
What Does the Tenement Mean to You?: A collaboration between The Glasgow Tenement project and New Glasgow Society.
‘The tenement is woven into the fabric of Glasgow…’ (Frank Arneil Walker)
The event will take place as part of Doors open Day at New Glasgow Society, 1307 Argyle Street from 14th – 20th September 2015.
The evening event is on the 18th September. It’s free but ticketed so please REGISTER
—- Waste Of Paint Productions —-
Charlotte Duffy, cardboard artist and brains behind Waste of Paint Productions will be creating a new, tenement-inspired installation piece over the course of the week:
—- Dress for the Weather —-
Matt McKenna of architectural design practice Dress for the Weather will introduce us to their ‘Tenement Typology’ project:
—- Finch & Fouracre —-
Finch & Fouracre will display their ‘Tinyments’ and other architectural models:
—- Calum Rodger – Poet —-
Calum Rodger will be treating our ears to new tenement-inspired works:
—- Marion Gardyne —-
Marion will be displaying her architectural collages. You can also see her work at a larger exhibition at The Lighthouse:
—- Tom Manley —-
Tom will display photographic works that explores our relationship with tenement buildings.
—- Maria Velez-Serna —-
Post-doctoral researcher Maria will be showing a film-collage of old footage of Glasgow’s tenement entitled ”Back-court bairns: Tenement life in early Scottish films’.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Alternative Pantos in Glasgow 2019
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- Ball of Fire, GFT
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Write Lines with In Motion Theatre. Book Week Scotland 2019
- Ghost Signs of Glasgow, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- Let Glasgow Flourish: The Case for a Metropolitan City Boundary, Ian R. Mitchell
- Words and Music: The Sound of Young Scotland
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Night of Scripts, Music and Song