What Does the Tenement Mean to You? New Glasgow Society September 14 – September 19, 2015
What Does the Tenement Mean to You?
September 14 – September 19, 2015
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
A week-long exhibition and an evening of talks, performances and literary readings celebrating its place in the past, present and future of the city.
New Glasgow Society – www.newglasgowsociety.org/
(New Glasgow Society, 1307 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8TL)
What Does the Tenement Mean to You?: A collaboration between The Glasgow Tenement project and New Glasgow Society.
‘The tenement is woven into the fabric of Glasgow…’ (Frank Arneil Walker)
The event will take place as part of Doors open Day at New Glasgow Society, 1307 Argyle Street from 14th – 20th September 2015.
The evening event is on the 18th September. It’s free but ticketed so please REGISTER
—- Waste Of Paint Productions —-
Charlotte Duffy, cardboard artist and brains behind Waste of Paint Productions will be creating a new, tenement-inspired installation piece over the course of the week:
—- Dress for the Weather —-
Matt McKenna of architectural design practice Dress for the Weather will introduce us to their ‘Tenement Typology’ project:
—- Finch & Fouracre —-
Finch & Fouracre will display their ‘Tinyments’ and other architectural models:
—- Calum Rodger – Poet —-
Calum Rodger will be treating our ears to new tenement-inspired works:
—- Marion Gardyne —-
Marion will be displaying her architectural collages. You can also see her work at a larger exhibition at The Lighthouse:
—- Tom Manley —-
Tom will display photographic works that explores our relationship with tenement buildings.
—- Maria Velez-Serna —-
Post-doctoral researcher Maria will be showing a film-collage of old footage of Glasgow’s tenement entitled ”Back-court bairns: Tenement life in early Scottish films’.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Performance Cancelled by Pat Byrne
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Cake At Number 8: Cupcakes Against Covid
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Mother India Cafe – Takeaway and Uber Eats
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Helen Rose’s Outdoor Diary: Binghams Pond and Dawsholm Park
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Fiona Alderman: Stuck in Salignac and Just Waiting