The Weir Sisters, A Play, A Pie and A Pint
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12 8QX
Monday 20 November, 2017 — Saturday 25 November, 2017
By Lynn Ferguson | Directed By Alison Peebles
Cast: Deborah Arnott, Sandra McNeeley and Meghan Tyler
Margaret and Grace are preparing a little party for their long lost sister, Dorothy. They’ve dressed up, they have food she likes, and they’re even prepared to suffer the music of Dorothy’s favourite songstress, Vera Lynn. But there are a couple of flies in the ointment:
1. The sole person Dorothy needs to see, can’t come to the party,
And 2. Margaret and Grace are dead.
Lynn Ferguson is a writer/performer/ and all round general show-off, hailing from the cosmopolitan metropolis of Cumbernauld. Her first job after graduating from the RSAMD was with Morag Fullarton, so Lynn is thrilled to be working with Morag again.
In between times, she’s worked on two Oscar winning movies, grabbed a Stage Award for Acting, been regular host for The Moth and appeared periodically on TV. She’s written for CBS, Pixar, three series of her own sitcom for BBC radio 4, and a cluster of plays for Edinburgh and beyond.
She co founded YouTellYours.com in 2015 to coach people in narrative.
- February Noise – Refuweegee
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- International Mother Language Day 21 February 2021
- Glesga Banter: Celebration of Weegie Culture
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival Online 2021
- New Patterns for Paisley, Paisley Book Festival
- In Conversation with Dean Atta and gainAgain
- Breaking Boundaries: Main Reading Vahni Capildeo and Mark Waldron
- More premieres and guests announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- Greenpeace – Kelvin Way’s Low-Traffic Neighbourhood
- New Poetries VIII – Online Launches
- What It Means To Overcome – Paisley Film Festival
- Book Launch: The Stone in My Pocket by Matthew Keeley
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 Truman and Tennessee
- GFT – Away
- Baby Done, GFT at Home
- Creative Conversations: Scarlett Thomas
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid