Weegie Wednesday, 16 March, 2016, CCA,
Guest is Catherine Simpson
Wednesday, 16 March, 2016
7:30 PM – 10:30 PM
CCA, Saramago Bar
Catherine Simpson’s debut novel,Truestory, was published last September by Sandstone Press. Catherine is a journalist who didn’t start to write fiction until her mid-forties when she did an Open University diploma in Creative writing followed by an MA at Edinburgh Napier. Her short stories have been published in various anthologies and magazines. She received a Scottish Book trust New Writers Award for the opening chapters of Truestory.
Catherine will talk about the challenges of creating a compelling story around a difficult and often avoided subject – being the parent of an autistic child.
Doors to the event are open as usual at 7:30pm at the Saramago Bar in the CCA, however, the speaker will now begin 7:45pm in response to member requests.
Saramago, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced
- Carlton Jug Band at The Clutha
- Report Launch – Tackling Food Poverty
- Sense Scotland Christmas Concert Online
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Hope GFT
- No Radio Silence – launch of film by Unity Sisters
- Roma Night at The Rum Shack
- Hugh Reed and the Velvet Underpants, Carlton Studios
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Be Bop Bairns Christmas Party