Wassail Queens Park
Sunday 10 February, 2019, 3 – 5 p.m.
South Seeds, 514 Victoria Road, Glasgow G42 8BG
What’s a Wassail?!
It’s a centuries old tradition to wake up apple trees after a winter sleep, chase away bad spirits and ask for a good harvest.
Propagate is working with South Seeds and friends to bring this ancient tradition to Queens Park. There are 2 orchard areas in the park, one near the ponds and another near the flagpole.
The community wassail will involve some of the things in this video
Come and join in this fun and silly ritual and march in a procession to the trees together making a lot of noise!
– Dress in colourful and ridiculous costume
– Bring pots and wooden spoons to bash, drums, bells, whistles and other things to make a noise
There will be wassail song practice sessions in and around Govanhill leading up to the event. If you’d like to organise one for your group, please get in touch via email@example.com or call 07340 531506.
Filed under: Community event, Community Groups and Charities, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams