Unwrapped – Christmas Show at the Thistle Gallery, 14 November – 24 December, 2015
Unwrapped – Christmas Show at The Thistle Gallery,
56 Park Road, Kelvinbridge, Glasgow G4 6JF
If you’re looking for a truly original work of art this Christmas – Thistle Gallery’s an ideal choice.
‘…and awaiting you at the Gallery is a tempting, diverse and dynamic array of Scottish Contemporary Art from the Studios of some of the country’s leading artists, ceramicists, jewellers, sculptors and textile designers.
On Mondays 14th and 21st December the gallery will open between 1pm and 8pm to help those working full time – from 6 p.m. you will be offered mulled wine and mince pies plus a gift wrap service.
‘Our vibrant new Christmas Show, which runs from November 14th to December 24th, is a milestone for the Gallery and marks our first year trading from our distinctive exhibition space in the heart of Glasgow’s West End.’
It’s been an eventful, exciting and highly enjoyable year and to all our contributing artists, suppliers and of course our strong and loyal customer base, we extend our sincere thanks for all your encouragement and support which has been invaluable.
We pride ourselves in featuring exhibits from all over Scotland which reflects the rich seam of talent that exists within our shores. And I’m delighted to say the Gallery has now established itself as an approachable and a reliable source of, not just traditional pieces but also the unexpected, unusual and quirky work which is also being produced up and down the land.
So if you’re looking for a truly original work of art this Christmas please do drop by…..you are most welcome.’
Among the artists participating in the Show this year are: Ian Rawnsley with his powerful and dramatic seascapes; Jackie Henderson with her mixed media work which can be both contemplative, magical and often whimsical; Cecilia Cardiff with her atmospheric studies of Glasgow tenements and town houses; Stanley Bird with his intricately realistic and striking animal studies; Jennifer Irvine who transports us to warmer climes through her images of leafy Provencal squares with dappled light and Hazel Nagl with her contemporary studies of Argyll harbours and Perthshire castles.
Jewellery – Ceramics – Textiles
Four jewellers will have a selection of their current ranges featured in the Show including Alexa Hope, Katherine Walker, Eileen MacAlister and Amanda Johnston. Ceramicists Angela Pointon, Wendy Kershaw, John Maguire and Alex Johannsen will have a wide range of their exhibits in the Gallery. Dorte Pape’s distinctive flock of glass birds will be winging their way to the Show too and fresh work from Morven Browne‘s range of sculptural trees and saplings will also be on display. A delightful range of textile pieces by Iona Crawford, Jill Kirkham and Olive Pearson featuring top quality silk and soft woollen scarves and cowls and cushions will feature throughout the Christmas Season.
We look forward to seeing you in the Gallery soon! CD
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Spanish Civil War Collections The Mitchell Library
- Sarah Kudirka Open Studio The Hidden Lane
- ‘Creatures as Natural Hunters’ Damian Henry Glasgow Print Studio
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- Urban Market at The Dock Yard Social
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Glasgow School of Art Graduate Degree Show 2019
- Books at the Botanics
- Trees v Capitalism by Maggie Kelly at Woodland Community Workspace
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Magical Enchanted Halloween Celebration Fair
- Young Talent, ProjectAbility
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Living in the Magic Garden, Cafe Gandolfi, Merchant City Glasgow