Unoma Okudo @ The Blue Arrow
2nd December 2021 at 7 p.m.
The Blue Arrow, 323 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3HW
Tickets: £12 online / £15 at the door
Soulful singer-songwriter Unoma Okudo is distinguished by her unique voice, and captivating melodies and lyrics. Born in Nigeria, where she was introduced to music by her parents, her career really began after she moved to Glasgow, Scotland to further her education. Here, she began to write songs and discover her own voice as an artist. She also provided backing vocals to other artists and continued singing at church, as she had done since childhood.
Since then, Unoma has performed as the opening act for established and well-known artists including Grammy Award winner Macy Gray, Ronnie Spector, Sinach, and soul legend Alexander O’Neal. In 2014, she provided backing vocals to music icons Donnie Maclean, Kylie Minogue, among others, for the closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
In January 2016, Unoma released her first single “Satisfied”, a jazz and soul-infused love song. The song was picked up by BBC Radio Scotland and was made the “Single of the Week” on the popular Janice Forsyth Show. Her first EP, “Odyssey” released the same year, garnered much praise from the host who asserted, “A Glasgow based singer with a sensational voice. Sounds like a classic.”
For Unoma, the last few years have been an intense season of self-discovery, juggling life as a medical doctor and creative artist. After a brief hiatus from performing, she returns for a night of enchanting music which will include new material, with themes celebrating freedom, purpose, and spirituality.
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Kittlin at Paisley Abbey
- Starry Skies at CCA
- Glasgow Film Theatre December Programme 2021
- Songwriting Circle at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Christmas Jazz and Tea, Tchai Ovna
- Christmas Craft and Flea, The Briggait
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Byres Road: Christmas Market and Christmas Tree Light Up
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Save the People’s Palace and the Winter Gardens
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Christmas Appeal Benefit – The Primevals
- Springburn: Rome of the North – Ian R. Mitchell
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Christmas Commissions, Exhibition and Gifts Kelvin Art Studio & Gallery
- Bob Law’s Blog: Old Kilpatrick. Lusset Glen to Bowling Walk
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Carlton Jug Band at The Clutha
- Unoma Okudo @ The Blue Arrow