GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
15 November, 2021, 12.30 – 1.30 p.m.
Part of Book Week Scotland 2021
This event is part of the 2021 Book Week Scotland Digital Festival. It is a pre-recorded film.
Join Crime writer Denise Mina and Glasgow Women’s Library volunteer Melody House on this special, conversational tour of the Glasgow Garnethill area. Denise’s debut novel Garnethill was named after this iconic location and the Glasgow Women’s Library have organised regular walking tours of Garnethill for many years. Melody and Denise will discuss women writers of the area and share anecdotes, stories and readings throughout.
They are joined by the great niece of Hannah Frank, Barbara Spevack, who will read one of her relative’s poems.
Glasgow Women’s Library is the only accredited museum in the UK dedicated to women’s lives, histories and achievements, with a lending library, archive collections and innovative programmes of public events and learning opportunities.
This film has been produced by Useful Content.
Accessibility information: This film will have closed captions and a transcript available.
- Hairspray, Beatson Gin and Sing
- Glasgow South Side Wellbeing Fair
- Vinicombe Street Party 2022
- Modren Makars Launch Event
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- My Scotland Stand by Jim Byrne
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell and Nataliya Deleva
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Arcadia Festival – Open Call for Events
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson
- Aye Write: The Kavya Prize
- Aye Write: Graeme Thomson with John Dingwall
- Particle Wave – Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Aye Write: Beyond the Swelkie