GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
15 November, 2021, 12.30 – 1.30 p.m.
Part of Book Week Scotland 2021
This event is part of the 2021 Book Week Scotland Digital Festival. It is a pre-recorded film.
Join Crime writer Denise Mina and Glasgow Women’s Library volunteer Melody House on this special, conversational tour of the Glasgow Garnethill area. Denise’s debut novel Garnethill was named after this iconic location and the Glasgow Women’s Library have organised regular walking tours of Garnethill for many years. Melody and Denise will discuss women writers of the area and share anecdotes, stories and readings throughout.
They are joined by the great niece of Hannah Frank, Barbara Spevack, who will read one of her relative’s poems.
Glasgow Women’s Library is the only accredited museum in the UK dedicated to women’s lives, histories and achievements, with a lending library, archive collections and innovative programmes of public events and learning opportunities.
This film has been produced by Useful Content.
Accessibility information: This film will have closed captions and a transcript available.
- Kittlin at Paisley Abbey
- Starry Skies at CCA
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Glasgow Film Theatre December Programme 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – First Screenings Announced
- C7 Christmas Spectacular: A Jangle Journey
- Christmas Craft and Flea, The Briggait
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Byres Road: Christmas Market and Christmas Tree Light Up
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Art for Africa in Memory of Rony Bridges
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- Save the People’s Palace and the Winter Gardens
- Havana Glasgow film Festival: El Techno – The Roof