The Great Scottish Run Glasgow Sunday 5 October
The Great Scottish Run
Sunday 5 October
Places still available in 10k
Runners can choose between a 10k and half marathon challenge that will take them through the heart of the city, starting in George Square and finishing on Glasgow Green.
2013 was another record breaking year for the event with more than 30,000 participants of all ages lining up to enjoy the weekend and achieve their goals.
On Saturday 4 October, kids from 0-15 years old can get involved with a full programme of family events that include the Toddler Dash, Mini Run and Junior Run.
Sunday’s action, which included legendary elite athlete Haile Gebrselassie last year, will once again be televised live on BBC as the first major sporting event to return to Glasgow following the Commonwealth Games.
Whatever your goal – join the celebrations this autumn by signing up, getting active and being a part of this special weekend of running.
This section: Sport, Walks, Cycling in Glasgow
Filed under: Sport, Walks, Cycling in Glasgow
- Woodlands Community Family Cycling Bike Seat and Trailer Taster
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Bike Maintenance Class Woodlands Community
- New Life Gym, Maryhill, Glasgow
- International Women’s Day Glasgow 2020 – Bike for Good
- Soft Play Area and Clip and Climb Kelvin Hall
- Bowled Over, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Young at Heart Dance for Over 50s
- Arlington Baths at West End Festival 2019
- Sweat It Festival
- Glasgow Petanque Club
- World Power Lifting Championships 2018 Glasgow
- Tai Chi Classes at Hillhead Sports Club
- Elite Basketball Camp, Hallowe’en, Cleveden School, Glasgow West End
- Minis Rugby Hillhead Sports Club
- #Beactive Festival, George Square, Glasgow
- Broomhill Sports Club, Football for Girls
- Activity and Nature Discovery Day at Bowling Harbour
- Glasgow European Championships 2018
- Festival Fortnight 2018