Teachers and Volunteers at Hyndland Secondary School Sewing Hospital Scrubs
Producing Scrubs for Hospitals During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Hyndland Secondary School Supporting the work of MedSupplyDriveUK-Scotland
Kay Muir, fashion lecturer at Kelvin College and Shirley McIlroy principal teacher in health, food and textiles at Hyndland Secondary School are overseeing this fantastic venture – producing scrubs for NHS and front line staff facing the challenge of Coronavirus.
Different parts of the school are being used and social distancing adhered to with everyone keeping to their 2-metre distance. Some people involved in the venture are working from their own homes.
Corridors are being used to cut the materials and sewing machines in classrooms are bringing the scrubs together.
Material can be dropped off at Hyndland School any school day between 10 a.m. and noon.
Hyndland Secondary School, 9 Lauderdale Gardens, Glasgow G12 9RQ
Material required is Cotton or Poly-cotton in good condition (Unused bedlinen would be ideal)
Please pre-wash material before donating – (at 60 degrees celsius)
Iron and Fold and wrap securely to keep clean.
MedSupplyDriveUK-Scotland is distributing the garments with Glasgow Taxis Ltd providing free delivery service.
You can also donate at MedSupplyDriveUK-Scotland
See full feature by Ian Marland Glasgow West End Today
This section: Coronavirus, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Performance Cancelled by Pat Byrne
- Corona Virus Stew – poem by Leela Soma
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Woodlands Community – Wildlife Friendly Front Gardens
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Great Styles from Around the Globe at Jasmine Boutique – Gallery
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Kothel Crow Road – boxes of daily selected fruit and veg
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Cottiers: At Home Bottle Shop and Takeaway
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Cake At Number 8: Cupcakes Against Covid
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival