Teachers and Volunteers at Hyndland Secondary School Sewing Hospital Scrubs
Producing Scrubs for Hospitals During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Hyndland Secondary School Supporting the work of MedSupplyDriveUK-Scotland
Kay Muir, fashion lecturer at Kelvin College and Shirley McIlroy principal teacher in health, food and textiles at Hyndland Secondary School are overseeing this fantastic venture – producing scrubs for NHS and front line staff facing the challenge of Coronavirus.
Different parts of the school are being used and social distancing adhered to with everyone keeping to their 2-metre distance. Some people involved in the venture are working from their own homes.
Corridors are being used to cut the materials and sewing machines in classrooms are bringing the scrubs together.
Material can be dropped off at Hyndland School any school day between 10 a.m. and noon.
Hyndland Secondary School, 9 Lauderdale Gardens, Glasgow G12 9RQ
Material required is Cotton or Poly-cotton in good condition (Unused bedlinen would be ideal)
Please pre-wash material before donating – (at 60 degrees celsius)
Iron and Fold and wrap securely to keep clean.
MedSupplyDriveUK-Scotland is distributing the garments with Glasgow Taxis Ltd providing free delivery service.
You can also donate at MedSupplyDriveUK-Scotland
See full feature by Ian Marland Glasgow West End Today
This section: Coronavirus, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- Aye Write 2021 – Pre-Festival Event
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- La Nina and Tropical Storms – Wully Davidson
- The Ship Yard Trust – Support For The Venture
- Save the Winter Gardens – Letter of Support
- People’s Palace Winter Gardens – World Monument Watch 2022
- Launch of The Ship Yard Project
- Fiona Alderman: Blogging from Rural France -The Chateau
- At Home Artist’s Talk: GOMA
- Spring Blossom Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Spring Blossom review Pat Byrne
- Glasgow Film Festival – Rosa’s Wedding review by Pat Byrne
- Yer Old Faither review by Pat Byrne
- CLIC Sargent – World Book Day Fundraiser
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Catharsis
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- Glesga Banter: Celebration of Weegie Culture
- ‘Afterthought’ Debut Single – Becki Rutherford