Bob Law’s Blog: Scotland – Walking and Photography Lunderston Bay To Kip Marina
A very pleasant walk or cycle ride – after the lockdown
A very pleasant walk, or cycle ride, can be had by parking at the sizeable Lunderston Bay car park (after the Covid 19 lock down gets lifted of course). Then walking along the coast southwards to reach Inverkip and the Kip Marina.
An equally pleasant return can be made inland through the grounds of the Ardgowan Estate.
The entire walk is completed on good paths with fine view over the Firth of Clyde Estuary.
Lunderston Bay is situated just south of Gourock and the Cloch Lighthouse.
The walk is a mere 5 km in length, easy and flat throughout. It takes a couple of hours but is well worth the effort and it can be combined with the nearby Cornalees Bridge Centre for further walking or cycling potential around Loch Thom.
A bike run over the high moors from Cornalees down into Largs and back. Or alternatively you can walk up Dunrod Hill, 298 metres, for stunning views, or a longer mountain bike ride or epic walk round Loch Thom,
The Gryfe Reservoir, The B788, then the Port Glasgow/Greenock cycle track/ balcony trail. Evntually returning via the Overton to Cornalees Bridge track. All obvious on the OS Landranger Map no 63 Firth of Clyde.
Any one of the foregoing routes on a nice day makes for a memorable outing. As is the walking route circular from Cornalees Bridge Centre car park over to Overton then along The Cut past Branchton, continuing above the old IBM factory to Sheilhill. This is another superb walk of a few hours on good paths.
This section: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer, Pat's Home Page Blog
- West End Festival 2021
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Janine Jansen: Falling for Stradivari, GFT
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Bob Law’s Blog: Evening Escapades
- Eglinton Country Park – Helen Rose Outdoors
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- Wully Davidson’s Bus Pass Rambles: Warm Day in the West Highlands
- Riverside Festival 2021
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Glasgow Connects, Glasgow Science Festival 2021
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Clydeside Creative Cafe – Out and About in Clydebank
- Wully Davidson’s Blog: Isle of Gigha
- Carbeth Big Hut Party – Gala Day
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba