Talk on Gaza, University of Glasgow, 23 January, 2018
The Glasgow University Palestine Society invites you to a talk and discussion on the Gaza Strip.
Tuesday, 23 January, 2018 6.30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Guest speaker and PhD student Sharif Rateb Alaydi from Gaza City will discuss his own experiences in living under Israeli siege and the restrictions in mobility of Palestinians travelling in and out of the Strip. He will comment on contemporary issues related to the Palestinian struggle as a whole.
Q&A session will follow the talk.
The event is FREE and refreshments will be provided.
Sharif is a PhD researcher at the University of Glasgow. He is currently a senior lecturer at Al-Azhar Univeristy (AUG) in Gaza City, in the North-Western Gaza Strip.
Boyd Orr Building, University of lasgow, G12 8NN
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Alternative Pantos in Glasgow 2019
- Oscar Marzaroli Public Reception Streetworks
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Santaland and Season’s Greetings Websters
- Julesbasar – Norwegian Christmas Fair Glasgow 2019
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- After the Wedding, GFT
- Luce, GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Matchbox Cineclub Best of Final Girls Berlin 2019 CCA
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- Meeting Gorbachev GFT
- CineCard Preview: The Report GFT
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- Sorry We Missed You, GFT
- Migrant Voice Feel at Home Short Films