Talk on Gaza, University of Glasgow, 23 January, 2018
The Glasgow University Palestine Society invites you to a talk and discussion on the Gaza Strip.
Tuesday, 23 January, 2018 6.30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Guest speaker and PhD student Sharif Rateb Alaydi from Gaza City will discuss his own experiences in living under Israeli siege and the restrictions in mobility of Palestinians travelling in and out of the Strip. He will comment on contemporary issues related to the Palestinian struggle as a whole.
Q&A session will follow the talk.
The event is FREE and refreshments will be provided.
Sharif is a PhD researcher at the University of Glasgow. He is currently a senior lecturer at Al-Azhar Univeristy (AUG) in Gaza City, in the North-Western Gaza Strip.
Boyd Orr Building, University of lasgow, G12 8NN
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- Leona GFT
- Depeche Mode Spirits in the Forest
- Michael Hutchence: Mystify GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Project Ability Christmas Show 2019
- Winter Wonderland Christmas Street Party Ashton Lane
- Christmas Tree Light Switch On & Street Market 2019 Glasgow West End
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- It’s A Wonderful Life Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema Glasgow
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020