Talk on Gaza, University of Glasgow, 23 January, 2018
The Glasgow University Palestine Society invites you to a talk and discussion on the Gaza Strip.
Tuesday, 23 January, 2018 6.30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Guest speaker and PhD student Sharif Rateb Alaydi from Gaza City will discuss his own experiences in living under Israeli siege and the restrictions in mobility of Palestinians travelling in and out of the Strip. He will comment on contemporary issues related to the Palestinian struggle as a whole.
Q&A session will follow the talk.
The event is FREE and refreshments will be provided.
Sharif is a PhD researcher at the University of Glasgow. He is currently a senior lecturer at Al-Azhar Univeristy (AUG) in Gaza City, in the North-Western Gaza Strip.
Boyd Orr Building, University of lasgow, G12 8NN
- Rabbie: Scotland’s Superstar – Websters Theatre
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- East Dunbartonshire Schools Jazz Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble Easter Concert
- Cottiers Pub Quiz
- Tram Direct presents ‘Islets of Silence’ (The C Word)
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- A Beautiful Day in The Neighbourhood, GFT
- Lavinia Blackwall & Stilton, Lynnie Carson & The Hawking Gimmiks
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Simple Women presented by Femspectives
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Parasite GFT
- Pity Party Film Club Tangerine CCA
- Valentine’s Day at GFT 2020
- A Streetcar Named Desire, GFT