Meet the author: PK Lynch, Armadillos, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street, 14 July, 2016
Pauline Lynch, talking about her book Armadillos.
14 July, 2016 – 6.30 p.m.
Waterstones, 153 – 157 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3EW
Free event call 0141 332 9105 to reserve your place.
Meet local author Pauline as she discusses and takes questions about her latest novel.
Armadillos is a book about journeys that have to be made with outcomes that can’t be predicted. PK Lynch can tell a story deep as a wound. A new writer unafraid of the pain scars and not scared by beauty either. Read this one. –Jeanette Winterson
On the rarest of occasions, we see a prose author who writes sentences with the precision of a poet. Lynch has that gift, constructing lines that make me salivate. And she’s got so much more: a story that’s funny and dangerous and acerbic. This is a debut that blazes like the Texas sky. –Joshua Mohr
Every line is beautifully expressed and written with such vividness, importance and passion. A marvelous debut novel that feels like it was written by an experienced novelist. –Roy Williams OBE
About the Author
Pauline trained as an actor and her first professional job was playing Lizzie in the film of Irvine Welsh’s novel, Trainspotting. After having a baby, Pauline completed her first stage play, Promise. Her second play, King of the Gypsies, played at the Edinburgh fringe, and then toured. She then enrolled on the MLitt Creative Writing programme at Glasgow University where Armadillos was awarded the Sceptre Prize for Fiction.
Pauline Lynch is part of the Ten Writers Telling Lies Ground Breaking Literary and Music Project
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- Samhain: fire and jam session Halloween, North Kelvin Meadow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Halloween at OranMor
- Moogety Halloween 2019
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA