Take Three Artists, Thistle Gallery, 10 – 25 September, 2016
Thistle Gallery, Scottish Contemporary Art
56 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF
Telephone: 0141 334 3444
Take Three Artists……
10 – 25 September, 2016.
Thistle Gallery is delighted to be hosting an exclusive Exhibition this month featuring the distinctive work of three of Scotland’s most accomplished artists ~ Jennifer Irvine, Liz Knox and Hazel Nagl.
The Show is the culmination of creativity over many recent months by this talented trio which has resulted in a remarkable body of work of over 4O vibrant and profound exhibits. Pop into the Gallery to see for yourself from September 10th until 25th.
Popular artist JENNIFER IRVINE (RGI) derives much of her inspiration from her frequent visits to Provence and Italy.
‘Sunlight and its effects are an ever present theme in my paintings. I work mostly in oils but do a lot of watercolours as well. I love oils because I can work in layers and scrape off and watercolour for speed and washability.’
Accomplished artist LIZ KNOX (PAI, PPAI) uses a bold and confident palette in all of her work which initially arrests the viewer’s attention but ultimately it’s the often small but meaningful nuances which draw the viewer in.
‘The subjective aspect of the work is primary and while the empirical image attracts me, the satisfaction from the source on a particular occasion is the reason for the painting. Basically, I paint.’
Renowned artist HAZEL NAGL (RGI, RSW, PAI) graduated in drawing and painting at Glasgow School of Art, thereafter living and working at the Art School’s Workshop, Culzean Castle, where she developed an interest in landscape painting in response to the varied and dramatic surroundings. Hazel is now widely known and admired as a still life and landscape painter. Her preoccupations being imparting a sense of space and light and an expressive impulse which is manifest in her work.
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA