Take Three Artists, Thistle Gallery, 10 – 25 September, 2016
Take Three Artists……
10 – 25 September, 2016.
Thistle Gallery is delighted to be hosting an exclusive Exhibition this month featuring the distinctive work of three of Scotland’s most accomplished artists ~ Jennifer Irvine, Liz Knox and Hazel Nagl.
The Show is the culmination of creativity over many recent months by this talented trio which has resulted in a remarkable body of work of over 4O vibrant and profound exhibits. Pop into the Gallery to see for yourself from September 10th until 25th.
Popular artist JENNIFER IRVINE (RGI) derives much of her inspiration from her frequent visits to Provence and Italy.
‘Sunlight and its effects are an ever present theme in my paintings. I work mostly in oils but do a lot of watercolours as well. I love oils because I can work in layers and scrape off and watercolour for speed and washability.’
Accomplished artist LIZ KNOX (PAI, PPAI) uses a bold and confident palette in all of her work which initially arrests the viewer’s attention but ultimately it’s the often small but meaningful nuances which draw the viewer in.
‘The subjective aspect of the work is primary and while the empirical image attracts me, the satisfaction from the source on a particular occasion is the reason for the painting. Basically, I paint.’
Renowned artist HAZEL NAGL (RGI, RSW, PAI) graduated in drawing and painting at Glasgow School of Art, thereafter living and working at the Art School’s Workshop, Culzean Castle, where she developed an interest in landscape painting in response to the varied and dramatic surroundings. Hazel is now widely known and admired as a still life and landscape painter. Her preoccupations being imparting a sense of space and light and an expressive impulse which is manifest in her work.
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass
- Burns Baby Burns Dance of the Underclass Aftershow Party
- Cine(thesia) Coming Out, Kelvin Hall
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- No Fathers in Kashmir, GFT
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- The Personal History of David Copperfield, GFT
- Creative Conversation: Kate Charlesworth, Illustrator and Writer
- Celtic Connections 2020: Lucy Rose review Fionnuala Boyle
- GRIT Orchestra Celtic Connections 2020 photography and review Pauline Keightley
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Wrest and Maz O’Connor, Celtic Connections review Fionnuala Boyle
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher