straight 8 says Hello Scotland: Adventures In in-camera-edited Super 8mm, CCA
Sun 4 February 2018
<p7pm, Free but ticketed via Eventbrite, Cinema
Book via Eventbrite / 0141 552 2442
Hosted by The Forest of Black, with support from Glasgow Short Film Festival
straight 8 is a global filmmaking competition to make a short film on super 8mm film: one cartridge, no re-takes, no grade nor post. You see your film for the first time in a cinema with all other filmmakers – and if it makes the selection, it could screen at Cannes Film Festival.
Glasgow based production company The Forest of Black (straight 8 2017 Cannes finalists) present a selection of their favourite straight 8 films from the past few years, including a healthy dose of Scottish work, and also invite other straight 8 filmmakers to chat about the process and answer a question or two.
If you love super 8, film or a challenge, this is for you. If you want to get involved in the 2018 competition, come along to see what works and get inspired!
For more info please visit straight8.net.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- September Programme at G.FT.
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT
- Make Up, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre – Re-opening Programme
- “Trainspotting The Italian Chapter” madness or success beyond the borders
- White Riot, Govanhill International Festival
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Take One Action 2020
- Edinburgh Festivals Past 1954 – 1969
- Glasgow Short Film Festival Online