Stage to Page, The Tron, 18 April, 2016.
Stage to Page is a voluntary collective of writers, directors and actors who meet monthly to conduct short public workshops of scenes from brand new plays. This lively exploration of new writing is an opportunity for writers to be actively involved in an exciting, short workshop process, hear their work being read and get feedback from directors, actors and audiences. Find out about submission guidelines or come along on the night to join in or just observe the process from page to stage!
Come along and see a scene from a new full-length play, Trust No One, by Magi Gibson – staged in a rehearsed reading at From Stage to Page On Monday 18th April as part of TalkFest at the Tron. The play will be directed by Sam Rowe. Actors will be chosen on the night.
Magi Gibson is well known throughout Scotland and beyond as a poet.
She has held three Scottish Arts Council Creative Writing Fellowships and one Royal Literary Fund Writing Fellowship with the University of Paisley. She was the first Makar (Poet Laureate) of the City of Stirling in 500 years, and in 2009 was awarded a major Scottish Arts Council bursary. She was Reader in Residence with Glasgow Women’s Library from 2012 – 2015, where she ran many creative writing workshops and hosted poets from India, Australia, South Africa, Canada, Jamaica and Palestine. She is a patron of the Federation of Writers Scotland.
Selection of the scenes was anonymous – a scene from Ian Macpherson’s play, Two Men, One Lighthouse, was also selected. To be directed by Sarah McCardie.
TalkFest at the Tron is a mini-festival celebrating the work Scotland’s playwrights. Packed with new playwriting, rehearsed readings, discussions, workshops, script surgeries and networking opportunities.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Sammy’s Lockdown #5
- Lockdown Video – Mic Clark
- Scottish Writers Showcase 2 Creative Conversations
- Calypso Windrush Caribbean Film Festival
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu