Stage to Page, The Tron, 18 April, 2016.
Stage to Page is a voluntary collective of writers, directors and actors who meet monthly to conduct short public workshops of scenes from brand new plays. This lively exploration of new writing is an opportunity for writers to be actively involved in an exciting, short workshop process, hear their work being read and get feedback from directors, actors and audiences. Find out about submission guidelines or come along on the night to join in or just observe the process from page to stage!
Come along and see a scene from a new full-length play, Trust No One, by Magi Gibson – staged in a rehearsed reading at From Stage to Page On Monday 18th April as part of TalkFest at the Tron. The play will be directed by Sam Rowe. Actors will be chosen on the night.
Magi Gibson is well known throughout Scotland and beyond as a poet.
She has held three Scottish Arts Council Creative Writing Fellowships and one Royal Literary Fund Writing Fellowship with the University of Paisley. She was the first Makar (Poet Laureate) of the City of Stirling in 500 years, and in 2009 was awarded a major Scottish Arts Council bursary. She was Reader in Residence with Glasgow Women’s Library from 2012 – 2015, where she ran many creative writing workshops and hosted poets from India, Australia, South Africa, Canada, Jamaica and Palestine. She is a patron of the Federation of Writers Scotland.
Selection of the scenes was anonymous – a scene from Ian Macpherson’s play, Two Men, One Lighthouse, was also selected. To be directed by Sarah McCardie.
TalkFest at the Tron is a mini-festival celebrating the work Scotland’s playwrights. Packed with new playwriting, rehearsed readings, discussions, workshops, script surgeries and networking opportunities.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Mandabi, GFT
- Ammonite, GFT
- Earwig and the Witch at GFT
- First Cow, GFT
- The Father at GFT
- Football Themed Movie Night at Glasgow Green EURO 2020 Fanzone
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- A Spotlight on Jack Knox – Compass Gallery
- The Hunterian: Jimmy Robert: Tobacco Flower
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- Mansfield Park Street Festival 2021
- Vinicombe Street Gala 2021
- Touring Scotland – Pop Up Opera 2021