An Anarchist’s Story – The Life of Ethel MacDonald, Film Screening STUC, Friday 29 April, 2016
An Anarchist’s Story – The Life of Ethel MacDonald
GMB Glasgow General Apex Branch have organised a free screening of ‘An Anarchist’s Story: The Life of Ethel MacDonald’
Original idea by Alison Murphy (Co-Producer). Produced & Directed by Mark Littlewood of Pelicula Films. Screenplay written by Chris Dolan who based his book of the same title on the film research.
Friday 29 April, 2016 8 p.m.
STUC 333 Woodlands Road G3 6NG
In 1936, with civil war sweeping through Spain, Ethel Macdonald – a working-class girl from Motherwell – was to become, for a year, one of the world’s most famous voices as she sent dispatches and broadcasts back from the Spanish Anarchist camp in Barcelona to the UK. ‘An Anarchist’s Story: The Life of Ethel MacDonald’ uses contemporary ac-counts, Ethel’s own words and those of her close associates to unravel the mystery of this activist and examines the unique impact that she had during this fascinating period of European history.
The film will be introduced by a local trade unionist and Chris Dolan. The screening will be followed by an opportunity to discuss some of the issues raised in the film with Chris Dolan, David Archibald and others.
There will also be an opportunity to buy Chris Dolan’s books.
- Paisley Book Festival – A Kist of Thistles
- Film Festival Institut Francais
- How Does It Feel To Be Loved – Virtual Dance Party
- Interactive Map – Global Burns Suppers
- The Burns Supper Addressed Burns Centre University of Glasgow
- Hannah Lavery Creative Conversations
- The Acoustic Night Special Nice ‘n’ Sleazy
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- COP26 Global Event In Glasgow – Seeks Volunteers
- Fright Fest Glasgow Film Festival Online 2021
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Burns Celebration Online Tannahill Centre
- Janey Godley’s Big Burns Supper Online
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite