An Anarchist’s Story – The Life of Ethel MacDonald, Film Screening STUC, Friday 29 April, 2016
An Anarchist’s Story – The Life of Ethel MacDonald
GMB Glasgow General Apex Branch have organised a free screening of ‘An Anarchist’s Story: The Life of Ethel MacDonald’
Original idea by Alison Murphy (Co-Producer). Produced & Directed by Mark Littlewood of Pelicula Films. Screenplay written by Chris Dolan who based his book of the same title on the film research.
Friday 29 April, 2016 8 p.m.
STUC 333 Woodlands Road G3 6NG
In 1936, with civil war sweeping through Spain, Ethel Macdonald – a working-class girl from Motherwell – was to become, for a year, one of the world’s most famous voices as she sent dispatches and broadcasts back from the Spanish Anarchist camp in Barcelona to the UK. ‘An Anarchist’s Story: The Life of Ethel MacDonald’ uses contemporary ac-counts, Ethel’s own words and those of her close associates to unravel the mystery of this activist and examines the unique impact that she had during this fascinating period of European history.
The film will be introduced by a local trade unionist and Chris Dolan. The screening will be followed by an opportunity to discuss some of the issues raised in the film with Chris Dolan, David Archibald and others.
There will also be an opportunity to buy Chris Dolan’s books.
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
- Govan’s Glories: Central Govan Walk Ian R. Mitchell
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Her Century – National Library of Scotland
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Lindisfarne at Cottiers