St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
Starting with 90 minutes of entertainment at Glasgow Botanic Gardens including live music, fire performers, street theatre, kids hub and more- the parade, featuring a sea of lit torches, will make its way down Byres Road past many well known sights.The parade will end at the South Front of University of Glasgow with another short burst of entertainment.
Be part of something truly special!
The event is by Glasgow based production company Halo Arts , who have become known for their innovative and imaginative community events. It is part of Scotland’s Winter Festival programme – in 2019, over 1000 people participated in the torchlight parade and many hundreds more lined the streets to cheer it on.
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT
- Never Gonna Snow Again, Glasgow Film Theatre
- The French Dispatch, GFT
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Opening Time – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cats Protection Jade Carrera Art Event
- Christmas Appeal Benefit – The Primevals
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Black History Month
- The Carlton Jug Band at the Clutha