Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
September 25th 2021 until December 21st 2021
Arlington Baths, 61 Arlington Street, Glasgow G3 6DT
Special Preview at Arlington Baths for club members and guests. Friday 24 September, 7 p.m.
‘Terrific new ‘Ghost Signs’ exhibition launches at Arlington Baths with a special preview for club members and guests. Bring along a pal or two for a free glass of fizz….’
Ghost Signs of Glasgow
Ghost Signs of Glasgow is a project which documents, researches & archives fast disappearing faded signs around the city and unearths many of the stories behind old signs and shopfronts in the city.
Ghost signs are remnants of faded painted signs that give an insight into Glasgow’s past, representing a business, establishment or street that often no longer exists. Ghost Signs are ephemeral, they can disappear as fast as they appear, and are an aspect of Glasgow’s built heritage that’s often at risk of being lost forever. The project has been researching & documenting ghost signs in Glasgow since 2018, and has created an online archive that expands our collective knowledge about these remnants of Glasgow’s past.
The Ghost Signs of Glasgow exhibition has been made possible through grant-aided assistance from the Glasgow City Heritage Trust , and it is a collection of some of our favourite ghost signs and stories that we’ve managed to unearth during the project. The exhibition will run through to December, at the Arlington Baths Club, when we’ll run walking tours of west end ghost signs, to accompany the exhibition.
Open Monday -Friday 7am-9.30pm, Saturday 9am-9.30pm, Sunday 9am-5pm Sunday Please confirm exhibition opening hours with club before arrival – Contact details
- Lapidus Creative Writing with Lesley O’Brien
- Aye Write: Jenni Fagan with Claire Mitchell QC and Zoe Venditozzi Witches of Scotland Podcast
- Book Launch: The Pharmacist by Rachelle Atalla
- Hairspray, Beatson Gin and Sing
- Glasgow South Side Wellbeing Fair
- Vinicombe Street Party 2022
- Modren Makars Launch Event
- Active Travel for Whiteinch & Scotstoun
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell and Nataliya Deleva
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Wake Up Punk at Glasgow Film Theatre