Spring Blossom Glasgow Film Festival 2021
Celebrate International Women’s Day on 8 March, 2021 with Suzanne Lindon’s directorial debut. She also stars in Spring Blossom.
Film Available 7 – 10 March, 2021 to view At Home
Oh to be young and in love. The UK premiere of Suzanne Lindon’s dreamy, remarkably assured directorial debut provides the perfect conclusion to the 2021 Glasgow Film Festival. The daughter of Sandrine Kiberlain and Vincent Lindon, Lindon emerges as a force to be reckoned with in her own right. Revisiting elements of her life, Lindon stars as a gawky, awkward teenager who never seems to quite fit in with her classmates. She doesn’t share their tastes or their plans. She only has eyes for dashing 30-something actor Raphael (Arnaud Valois) who works at the theatre she passes each day. Curiosity gradually turns to infatuation in a tale of first love that unfolds among the streets and cafes of a sun-kissed Montmartre. Delicately evoking the worlds of Francois Truffaut and Eric Rohmer, Lindon proves herself a dazzling new screen talent in a complete charmer of a film. As the sun shines and the heart is full of possibilities, it sets the mood for a Spring in which we all look towards brighter days.
This film has bonus content available.
After the film, scroll down to watch Q&A with Writer, Director and Actor Suzanne Lindon.
UK Premiere. Thanks to Curzon
Film and bonus content available from 20.30 on Sunday 7 March until 20.30 on Wednesday 10 March. Limited tickets available.
Filed under: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Glasgow Film Festival 2021, International Womens Day 2021, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Zoom and online events
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Bungalow Cafe at Mother India, Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Mandabi, GFT
- Ammonite, GFT
- Earwig and the Witch at GFT
- First Cow, GFT
- The Father at GFT
- Football Themed Movie Night at Glasgow Green EURO 2020 Fanzone
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- A Spotlight on Jack Knox – Compass Gallery
- The Hunterian: Jimmy Robert: Tobacco Flower
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- Mansfield Park Street Festival 2021