Soothing Stress and Living Well IWD 2021
International Women’s Day Festival is a time for debate, education, and celebration. At The Mac.
Stress at home. Stress in work. Stress even when you’re asleep!
8 March, 2021. 7.30 p.m
Very few of us are currently unaffected by long-term stress. It is normal to experience stress but over long periods of time, it can lead to more serious challenges and doesn’t make for an enjoyable life.
If this doesn’t sound like much fun, join this event for an empowering workshop with Health Coach, Lisa de Jong, where together you will look at the biology and neuroscience of stress, learn to understand your own personal triggers of stress and gain some simple hacks to prevent stress from taking over your day.
About the facilitator
LISA DE JONG
Lisa de Jong is a wellbeing and health coach specialising in the menstrual cycle, chronic pain, somatic mental health and nervous system regulation. She helps people to feel better within their bodies and improve other areas of their lives through a somatic approach. Her work is informed by neuroscience, biology, psychology as well as her own personal journey with chronic pain. She has a background of working in communications in the corporate world before embarking on a career dedicated to women’s health. She works with clients through private 1:1 work, group workshops and online courses. She offers free consultations and resources via her website.
This section: International Womens Day 2021, Zoom and online events
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- Atlantic Slavery Glasgow ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- It’s Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Eye of the Storm film by Anthony Baxter
- Glasgow – Open Air Bed Cinema Online
- Piping Live! – Glasgow, August, 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Scottish Climate Action Network – Climate Cafe
- Joy Dunlop – Gaelic Live Online Concert and Ceilidh
- The Coming Back Out Ball – National Theatre of Scotland
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi