Soothing Stress and Living Well IWD 2021
International Women’s Day Festival is a time for debate, education, and celebration. At The Mac.
Stress at home. Stress in work. Stress even when you’re asleep!
8 March, 2021. 7.30 p.m
Very few of us are currently unaffected by long-term stress. It is normal to experience stress but over long periods of time, it can lead to more serious challenges and doesn’t make for an enjoyable life.
If this doesn’t sound like much fun, join this event for an empowering workshop with Health Coach, Lisa de Jong, where together you will look at the biology and neuroscience of stress, learn to understand your own personal triggers of stress and gain some simple hacks to prevent stress from taking over your day.
About the facilitator
LISA DE JONG
Lisa de Jong is a wellbeing and health coach specialising in the menstrual cycle, chronic pain, somatic mental health and nervous system regulation. She helps people to feel better within their bodies and improve other areas of their lives through a somatic approach. Her work is informed by neuroscience, biology, psychology as well as her own personal journey with chronic pain. She has a background of working in communications in the corporate world before embarking on a career dedicated to women’s health. She works with clients through private 1:1 work, group workshops and online courses. She offers free consultations and resources via her website.
This section: International Womens Day 2021, Zoom and online events
- The Everything Thing by Jim McAteer – Single Launch
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- Beats – GFT At Home
- Song Without A Name online at GFT
- Days of the Bagnold Summer
- Carlton Sessions
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- Wee Nature Fest – Islands of Abandonment
- Sheena Blackhall – Meet the Author
- Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
- Open The Door Festival 2021 – Scottsh Women’s Writing
- A Year of Workers’ Stories
- Douglas Stuart & Jackie Kay: Shuggie Bain
- At Home Artist’s Talk: GOMA
- Introduction to Birding With Scott Rogers (V)
- St Patrick’s Day Online Quiz
- Ours – Film Premiere – Community Action Govanhill
- Creative Conversations: Shola Von Reinhold
- St Patrick’s Day Special: The Great Irish Songbook