International Womens Day 2021 Scottish Women’s Convention
International Women’s Day – Scottish Parliament
Digital Event Monday 8th March 2021, from 6pm – 8pm – chaired by Linda Fabiani MSP, Deputy Presiding Officer.
For over 10 years, women from throughout the country have come together to celebrate the day in the Scottish Parliament. This occasion is hugely popular. There are 380 places available and those attending enjoy lunch, hear from inspirational speakers, participate in discussions and network with women of all ages and backgrounds from throughout Scotland.
International Women’s Day 2021
This International Women’s Day the event will take place online.
“Whilst we can’t bring women together in our usual way at the Scottish Parliament, this gives us the opportunity to have more attendees than ever before!’
This online interactive event will take place on International Women’s Day, Monday 8th March 2021, from 6pm – 8pm and will be chaired by Linda Fabiani MSP, Deputy Presiding Officer.
Attendees will hear from a range of contributors and key speakers who will discuss their experiences over the past year and their hopes for what a post-COVID Scotland will look like for women. This will be followed by an interactive question and answer session.
This section: International Womens Day 2021, Zoom and online events
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- COP26: Eco Echoes, Tinderbox Collective: Write Songs and Make Games
- Addressing Sustainable Goals in the Fashion Industry
- Creative Conversations: Frances Poet
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- Atlantic Slavery Glasgow ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- It’s Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Eye of the Storm film by Anthony Baxter
- Glasgow – Open Air Bed Cinema Online
- Piping Live! – Glasgow, August, 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Scottish Climate Action Network – Climate Cafe
- Joy Dunlop – Gaelic Live Online Concert and Ceilidh