Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
Friday 12 July, 2019 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Kelvingrove Bandstand. Kelvin Way, Glasgow G12 8NR
As part of the Glasgow Life Community Summer Programme at the Bandstand on Friday 12th July between 12.00-5.00pm there will be afternoon of music hosted by Warren Starry Sky of top Scottish indie pop band Starry Skies. Host Alistair Braidwood of Scots Whay Hae!
The free event is titled ‘Songs of Love and Freedom’ and for any singers, poets, songwriters or bands who have perhaps always wanted the chance to perform at the Kelvingrove Bandstand – now is your chance to do so.
In addition to Warren performing songs from recent Starry Skies album ‘Be Kind’, which has had rave reviews both in the UK and the USA, the Bandstand stage will be opened up to budding performers of all ages and styles.
Although there will also be a few more established acts (and some very well known indeed) playing on the day as special guests, the majority of the day will be given over to those who would like to play one or two songs or even recite a poem on the famous Kelvingrove Bandstand stage.
For those who don’t have a suitable instrument to do their songs justice then Starry Skies are offering their Gibson Hummingbird and Martin acoustic guitars for you to use. There will also be a bass and guitar amp and small drum kit.
To play at this free event then get there early and put your name down. Kelvingrove Bandstand gates will open at 11.30 a.m.
People are also encouraged to bring their own food and drink to enjoy a summer picnic at the venue.
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- COP26 Global Event In Glasgow – Seeks Volunteers
- Fright Fest Glasgow Film Festival Online 2021
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Janey Godley’s Big Burns Supper Online
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Swans and ducks on the Forth and Clyde Canal
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Bob Law’s Blog: Glasgow’s Quieter Parks
- This is not the time to be the bad angel by Jim Byrne
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- Helen Rose Outdoor Diary: Kilpatricks. January 2021
- Hogmanay Live Event – ‘One singer one song’