Ships and Shipping Memorabilia Exhibition Glasgow: Ship Ahoy at the Tall Ship
Ship Ahoy at the Tall Ship on Saturday 5th April 2014
Shipping enthusiasts are holding an exhibition which will showcase memorabilia from the world of ships and shipping from the Clyde and the Western Isles of Scotland.
Not only will memorabilia, artefacts and curios be on display, but visitors will be able to purchase post cards, calendars and magazines from a variety of stalls.
The venue is the sailing vessel Glenlee, which is moored on the River Clyde adjacent to the Riverside Museum.
Among the organisations taking part will be the Clyde River Steamer Club, West Highland Steamer Club, Coastal Cruising Association, Paddle Steamer Preservation Society, Model Steamer Club of Glasgow, Friends of the Glenlee (Tall Ship) and the MacBrayne’s Circle.
It is hoped that short tours will be available on board a preserved MacBrayne’s bus giving participants a flavour of old-time bus travel. Other vehicles from the Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust may be available on the day.
As the vessel is open to the public the exhibition will open and close in accordance with public admission times which are 10am to 5pm. Admission is free.
The nearest railway station is Partick from where services on the Glasgow Underground also run.
Upon exiting from the station turn right and follow the pedestrian signage. Walking time to Glenlee is ten minutes at a reasonable pace.
First Bus runs a frequent service to Merkland Square, which is just off Dumbarton Road and adjacent to Partick Station.
The Riversider 100 service, run by McColls of Clydebank, departs for the Riverside Museum from the north side of George Square on the hour and half-hour.
Car parking is limited to the Riverside Museum car park for which payment is required (Pay and Display).
Catering will be available on board Glenlee throughout the day.
Make a date in your diaries now. Look forward to seeing you all on board Glenlee for Ship Ahoy at the Tall Ship on Saturday 5th April 2014.
- Kelvingrove Christmas Market 2023
- Christmas Fayre Gallowgate
- Christmas 2023 – University of Glasgow Memorial Chapel
- Wasps Winter Market 2023
- Christmas Craft Fayre – Golden Friendships
- Christmas Concert, Child Bereavement, Cottiers
- Night Market at Cottiers
- Artists’ Christmas Fayre
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Focus Hong Kong
- French Film Festival 2023 at GFT
- Santa Dash 2023
- Family Cycle Ride Glasgow Green
- Glasgow Film Festival – Year of Celebration
- Floating Worlds: Erraid Sound, University of Glasgow ARC
- Arthur’s Christmas Tale in aid of Shelter Scotland
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2023
- Swimming With Gravitational Waves – Arlington Baths Club
- Glasgow Science Centre – Go Beyond The Ordinary
- Glasgow Style Mile Christmas Carnival