Screening: Sleaford Mods Invisible Britain at Govanhill Baths Saturday 17 September, 2016
Govanhill Baths Community Trust presents a screening + Q&A of Sleaford Mods – Invisible Britain, which shows the most relevant and uncompromising British band in years sticking two fingers up to the zeitgeist and articulating the rage and desperation of those without a voice in austerity Britain.
The film follows Sleaford Mods on a tour of the UK in the run up to the 2015 General Election, visiting the neglected, broken down and boarded up parts of the country that many would prefer to ignore.
Part band documentary, part look at the state of the nation, the documentary features individuals and communities attempting to find hope among the ruins, against a blistering soundtrack by Sleaford Mods.
Tickets: £5 / £2 concessions
* * *
Following the screening there will be a Q&A hosted by poet/activist Jim Monaghan with Lisa McKenzie (author Getting By: Estates, Class and Culture in Austerity Britain) and Sleaford Mods – Invisible Britain co-director Paul Sng.
* * *
“If you’re angry about the bullying ruling bastards and you give even half a toss, you have to watch this film.”
“A vital document of a vital band in vicious times, Invisible Britain makes you despair and rejoice in equal measure.”
Louder Than War
“It’s refreshing to see a rock documentary that so deliberately avoids the usual cliches.”
“Undoubtedly, absolutely, definitely the world’s greatest rock n’ roll band: Sleaford Mods.”
- Glasgow Film Theatre December Programme 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Songwriting Circle at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Christmas Jazz and Tea, Tchai Ovna
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – First Screenings Announced
- Read In to Celebrate St Andrew’s Day White Inch Library
- C7 Christmas Spectacular: A Jangle Journey
- Bay Inn Bowling – Annual Christmas Quiz
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Christmas Evil (1980) – screening Old Hairdresser’s
- White Christmas at GFT
- Drive My Car, GFT
- Petite Maman, GFT
- Eye of the Storm, GFT plus Q and with Anthony Baxter
- Rebel Dykes, GFT
- Preview: Belle plus Q and A with Mamoru Hosoda
- The House of Gucci GFT
- Comfort and Joy, Screening at Arlington Baths
- The Wizard of Oz Panto –Jazz Hands