Scotland for Haiti, Fundraiser, Sugar Dumplin Restaurant, 27 November, 2016
Sunday, November 27, 2016 5:00 PM – 8:00
Sugar Dumplin, Princes Sq, 48 Buchanan St, Glasgow G1 3JN
Come and celebrate 50 years of Barbados Independence at this second fundraiser for Haiti, this time at Sugar Dumplin restaurant in Glasgow. Enjoy a welcome cocktail courtesy of Clayton’s Kola Tonic and Caribbean buffet from Sugar Dumplin.
Talk from historian and genealogist Selena Carty from Black Poppy Rose for stories of the contribution of Caribbean servicemen and women to Britain in times of war.
Poetry from Lesley Traynor of Women Poets with Fierce Words
LIVE music from Afrobeats singer Levis Albano and Afro-Jazz fusion duet Ladies of Midnight Blue
Party on with DJ Marshal Telisman, the king of Glasgow party nights, for the best selections of soca, dancehall and reggae…
Enter the raffle to win great prizes and buy something from the special menu for a chance to win a week’s stay for two at Divi Southwinds Beach Resort, Barbados.
All profits from tickets and raffle going to support community organisations in Haiti.
Tickets limited to 100 so get yours quickly! £15 (plus booking fee £1.52)
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams