Scotland for Haiti, Fundraiser, Sugar Dumplin Restaurant, 27 November, 2016
Sunday, November 27, 2016 5:00 PM – 8:00
Sugar Dumplin, Princes Sq, 48 Buchanan St, Glasgow G1 3JN
Come and celebrate 50 years of Barbados Independence at this second fundraiser for Haiti, this time at Sugar Dumplin restaurant in Glasgow. Enjoy a welcome cocktail courtesy of Clayton’s Kola Tonic and Caribbean buffet from Sugar Dumplin.
Talk from historian and genealogist Selena Carty from Black Poppy Rose for stories of the contribution of Caribbean servicemen and women to Britain in times of war.
Poetry from Lesley Traynor of Women Poets with Fierce Words
LIVE music from Afrobeats singer Levis Albano and Afro-Jazz fusion duet Ladies of Midnight Blue
Party on with DJ Marshal Telisman, the king of Glasgow party nights, for the best selections of soca, dancehall and reggae…
Enter the raffle to win great prizes and buy something from the special menu for a chance to win a week’s stay for two at Divi Southwinds Beach Resort, Barbados.
All profits from tickets and raffle going to support community organisations in Haiti.
Tickets limited to 100 so get yours quickly! £15 (plus booking fee £1.52)
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Jazz on a Summer’s Day review by Pat Byrne
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis