Rose Kallal, with Cru Servers and Phosphene CCA Tue 15 September 2015
The Hidden Noise / humansacrifice present
Rose Kallal, with Cru Servers and Phosphene
Tue 15 September 2015
Hailing from New York, and in Glasgow for one night only, visual and sound artist Rose Kallal will be performing a live modular synth set, with her multiple 16mm film loop projections. Her live installations create a mesmeric nonlinear flow of repeating patterns, motifs and animations, sometimes synchronous, sometimes dissonant, that reflects both the repetition of sounds and the constantly shifting nature of the music.
The night will include a rare performance by Phosphene, John Cavanagh’s solo project for semi-modular synth (a vintage EMS VCS3). So far there have been three full-length albums and many other releases, including collaborations with Lol Coxhill, Bridget St. John, Jackie McKeown (1990s), Nalle, Bill Wells, Isobel Campbell, Drew Mulholland and members of the Glasgow Improvisers Orchestra.
The collaborative performance by Phosphene and The Asterism at the 2009 Le Weekend Festival is listed among “highlights of the year” in the January 2010 edition of The Wire magazine.
Cru Servers is the audio-visual collaborative project of Glasgow-based brothers Rickie and Jamie McNeill. The sounds made are a kind of Poundshop psychedelia, where permo flashbacks bring half memories of Marshall, Theo and Juan, and hardware remains their master and guide.
Records will be played by Rafla (Hot Club, Rebel Rouser) for your listening pleasure.
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections & Fallen Angels Club: Danni Nicholls
- Isobel Campbell Isobel Campbell with Hannah Fisher & Sorren Maclean and Nina Violet Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections: SHHE SHHE + GRISLY FAYE Hug and Pint
- Rachael Dadd, The Glad Cafe Celtic Connections
- The Wandering Hearts and Zoe Graham, Celtic Connections
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Celtic Connections 2020 – Fionnuala Boyle
- Americana City Halls, Celtic Connections 2020
- Breabach @15 Celtic Connections 2020
- Grit Orchestra Opening Concert Celtic Connections 2020
- Christmas Carousel The Platform
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience Christmas & New Year Party
- Kirsteen Harvey Live, Cottiers
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas