Richard Slee: Work and Play, The Tramway 4 Feb– 20 March, 2016.
Richard See Ceramics
Drop In – no ticket required
Richard Slee (born Carlisle, 1946) has built a reputation as one of Britain’s most important contemporary ceramic artist. His work challenges conventional notions of ceramic art and demonstrates the fluid boundaries of 21st century ceramic practice. This exhibition covers Slee’s most radical work to date produced over the last 10 years.
Exploring new materials, processes and subject matter, his latest body of work is inspired by domestic forms of production and recreation. ‘Work and Play’ reimagines the world of commonplace tools, sports equipment and everyday objects, featuring a series of unique ceramic works which flawlessly integrate sourced materials and readymades.
A touring exhibition from Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery Trust, Carlisle in partnership with Hales Gallery, London.
Image: Richard Slee, Hammers, 2010 © Richard Slee
Glasgow, G41 2PE
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Galleries, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, What's on Glasgow: Students
- WestFest – The Big Weekend
- Soul Bowl, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- WOCO Woodlands’ Own Community Festival
- The Making of Alasdair Gray’s Lanark
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End