Richard Slee: Work and Play, The Tramway 4 Feb– 20 March, 2016.
Richard See Ceramics
Drop In – no ticket required
Richard Slee (born Carlisle, 1946) has built a reputation as one of Britain’s most important contemporary ceramic artist. His work challenges conventional notions of ceramic art and demonstrates the fluid boundaries of 21st century ceramic practice. This exhibition covers Slee’s most radical work to date produced over the last 10 years.
Exploring new materials, processes and subject matter, his latest body of work is inspired by domestic forms of production and recreation. ‘Work and Play’ reimagines the world of commonplace tools, sports equipment and everyday objects, featuring a series of unique ceramic works which flawlessly integrate sourced materials and readymades.
A touring exhibition from Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery Trust, Carlisle in partnership with Hales Gallery, London.
Image: Richard Slee, Hammers, 2010 © Richard Slee
Glasgow, G41 2PE
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Galleries, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, What's on Glasgow: Students
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA