Ashes to Ashes: A Cabaret Tribute to David Bowie, Fundraiser for The Beatson, 10 February, 2016
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
7:30 PM – 10:30 PM
58 Virginia Street, Glasgow G1 1TX
For one night only the Glasgow Burlesque and Cabaret scene come together for a stellar cabaret tribute to David Bowie. As well as this show in Glasgow there shall be shows in London and the rest off the UK.
* PAUL PUPPET
Riding Room’s starman will be the compère for the evening as well as singing Bowie’s finest hits.
* THE CREATIVE MARTYRS
This Rebel Rebel duo will take us back to Bowie’s heyday with some of his finest hits.
*MISS HELL’S BELLE
She will make you want to sell the world and leave you with a just a grin on your face.
Icon awards entertainer of the year 2015 and will make your head spin and have you dancing in the streets after.
Cabaret ‘s finest oddity will leave you asking , “Is there Life on Mars?”
*THE GREAT AZIZ
Along with his assistant Mystique they will be reminding you of the babe with the power of voodoo.
A new starlet on the Scottish Cabaret scene will be serenading you as the world falls down.
Glasgow’s glass girl will be your Thursday’s child for the evening.
He will be your dirty ‘Diamond Dog’ showboy for the night.
*AFTER SHOW PARTY*
DJ PAUL PUPPET PLAYING MORE OF BOWIE’S GREATEST HITS AND FINEST 80S & RETRO MUSIC.
Every penny from this show will go to Beatson Cancer Charity which helps fund Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre and many other facilities in the west of Scotland.
Beatson Cancer Charity
Entry is by donation (suggested £5) .
We shall also be having a raffle with fabulous prizes
Prizes so far include:
*£50 Voucher for Otherworld Tattoo Parlour to be spent in tattoo/piercing or jewellery plus an original print design by Gillian Turner Ink
* 2 tickets to The Gatsby Speakeasy on Feb 12th
*Handmade crystal pasties by Kim Khaos
* 2 tickets for Glasgow Festival of Burlesque event later this year
*90min voucher from a time to heal in Glasgow West End
*Handmade tassle by Lady V
* VIP booth for 4 people @The Riding Room with complimentary sharing Kettles AND a bottle of Prosecco
*Dinner for 2 at The Lockhouse
* Free Pole lessons courtesy of Twirl n Tone
* Caffinated coffee prizes from Gordon St Coffee.
* A reiki or reflexology session from Hands of Light & Love in Ayr
* A bottle of Prosecco courtesy of Tootsie Annie
*Dirty postcard merchandise from Tom Harlow.
More to be announced.
If any other businesses would like to donate to the raffle please contact Tom Harlow directly through fb. Tom Harlow Facebook
N.B This show was originally the idea of Rose Thorne, producer of the Double R Club in London who also raises money for Cancer Macmillian Cancer Support through her All Nude Cabaret Charity Calender
- Under One Roof – Taking Care of Your Tenement
- THE G at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Glasgow Literary and Music Lounge at The Scotia Bar
- The Burning Season (2023) review Pat Byrne
- Govan Music Festival – Glasgow Barons
- Textile Repair, Sashiko with Keng Keng Watt
- Full Programme Announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Take 2: Turning Red
- The Settlers
- Hamlet + Ian McKellen Recorded Q&A
- El Castillo + Q&A
- Second Hand and Vintage Sale Britannia Panopticon
- Cesária Évora + Q&A
- Perfect Days
- CineMasters: Terrence Malick
- Black Dog
- Billy Connolly Big Banana Feet
- Blue Sunshine
- The Anatomy of a Fall