Rebecca Pronsky, The Doublet, Park Road, Monday 17 April, 2017
The Doublet, Park Road, Glasgow West End – near Kelvinbridge Underground
The fabulous Brooklyn based Rebecca Pronsky and Rich Bennet plus Jessica Cosslet play the Doublet Bar in Park Road Glasgow.
Rebecca is a longstanding favourite of SoundsintheSuburbs and has some fabulous songs and stories so don’t miss this one.
Rebecca was born and raised Brooklynite whose music confidently straddles the boundaries of country roots, jazz, rockabilly, and folk. She creates a distinctive sound, which at times feels like The Smiths relocated to Nashville or Stevie Nicks singing with Ennio Morricone.
Rebecca is a triple threat. She’s got a “voice to die for” (Maverick), songwriting talent that showcases “brutal, cutting lyricism” (Ithaca Times), and a masterful collaborator: guitarist and producer Rich Bennett, who “puts the trimmings on the music with a battery of echo drenched, twangy leads” (Blurt).
A singer since elementary school, Rebecca added songwriting to her repertoire around age 16 when she picked up the guitar for the first time. She went on to study Ethnomusicology and jazz at Brown University and came home to Brooklyn with a diploma and a demo CD. She soon met musical compatriot Rich Bennett and the two hit the road together.
In over a decade of touring, Rebecca and Rich have criss-crossed the US and Europe sharing stages with Shawn Colvin, Loudon Wainwright III, Madeleine Peyroux, Peter Case, Josh Ritter, Freedy Johnston, Amy Rigby & Wreckless Eric, Patty Larkin, and Steve Forbert.
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community