Real Bread Bakers – Screening and Discussion
Online Event – Wednesday 18 November, 2020 at 7 p.m.
On Wednesday, Nov. 18, at 7pm UK time, there will be the second screening-panel discussion of Real Bread Bakers (See the trailer ), this time focusing on health and well-being.
Panelists will be talking about the role of bread and baking in our physical and mental well-being which has been especially important during Covid and lockdown when related issues of health, isolation, baking and school meals have been so prominent.
Pauline Beaumont, author of Bread Therapy
Pauline will be talking about how “the physical and meditative nature of making and providing bread has helped her foster the self-acceptance that she works to help her clients reach”.
John Castley, founder of Wild Hearth Bakery
John is working on introducing whole wheat bread as part of school lunches, and will be discussing those efforts and its importance.
William will be presenting aspects of bread’s impact on health and well-being.
Andrew Whitley (yet to be confirmed), baker, author, miller and founder of Scotland the Bread (where his books are available), will add his fantastic insights and years of experience.
Tickets are £2.30 (less than a loaf of good bread) to see Real Bread Bakers and attend the Zoom panel discussion
A link will be sent out the day before the event.
*The documentary should be viewed _before_ the panel discussion*
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Aya Films – showcasing new Scottish curatorial talent
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- It’s Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings