Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries
Book Week Scotland 16-22 November 2020
Don’t miss Glasgow Libraries free headline event Barrowland Ballads on 19th November, 2020 at 7pm.
Stuart Cosgrove with Recollective : Barrowland Ballads
Behind the blinking neon, at the very back of backstage, the artists of Recollective (Chris Leslie, Alison Irvine and Mitch Miller) spoke to musicians, stewards, cleaners, bar tenders, cloakroom staff and music fans, to capture the untold stories and electric atmosphere of one of Glasgow’s most beloved institutions, the iconic Barrowland Ballroom. Join broadcaster and music obsessive, Stuart Cosgrove, who’ll be in conversation with the artists about their year round project and the resulting book.
Link to event at Tune in 7pm on Thursday 19th November, 2020.
How To Submit to A Literary Magazine – Gutter
18 November, 2020 6 p.m. Free Online Tickets at Eventbrite
Celebrate Book Week Scotland and broaden your own reading horizons by trying a new author or a new genre. Our online library has a massive selection of ebooks and audiobooks for you choose from so why not challenge yourself this week and try something new!
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Zoom and online events
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Spring Blossom review Pat Byrne
- FrightFest – American Badger review by Danielle O’Neill Young
- FrightFest Glasgow 2021 – ‘Vicious Fun’ review Danielle O’Neill Young
- Glasgow Film Festival – Rosa’s Wedding review by Pat Byrne
- Book Launch – Peter May: The Night Gate
- Yer Old Faither review by Pat Byrne
- Spring Blossom Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Wildland Glasgow Film Festival Online review Pat Byrne
- Yer Old Faither, Glasgow Film Festival Online
- Introductions to birding in Glasgow – with Scott Rogers Part IV(Nature Recovery)
- CLIC Sargent – World Book Day Fundraiser
- Spring Fling Queen Margaret Drive
- The Knitting Station by Kirsti Wishart – book launch
- Creative Conversations Don Paterson
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival 2021 review by Pat Byrne
- Andrew Painting & Jim Crumley: #Wee Nature Fest
- February Noise – Refuweegee
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection